Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Wow... another 3 legged horse in a 4 legged market...

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The price is $16k. That really doesn't seem too bad. Production not until late next year (2011)

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Love the exhaust and the rear looks very different without pipes under it.

If it is $16k that seems to be a little steep in today's environment. But with 600s now over $11k a 50% premium doesn't seem overly excessive. Actually selling them at that price may be tough though.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
If it goes as good as it looks and live up to the hype it could be a game-changer, like the S1000RR.....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm really digging that thing! I would consider buying one for sure but the only issue I have is there isnt any MV dealers anywhere close!!!!!

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Don't like the exhaust, or the rear hugger, or the crack vent in the bottom of the fairing/belly-pan.

Maybe it's nicer in person for me, than in the pic...much like the 999 has always been in street trim for me.

But I have the feeling that some of the styling creases and angles are kinda like "styling for the sake of styling", without any obvious functional merit, which always makes me feel a little uneasy about it's styling longevity. The most beautiful bikes and cars are simply styled, without any contrived styling, IMO.

But...I'm not being fair on the bike, as it's one pic, and it may well be really nice in the flesh, or from other angles.

Love the I3 motor!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Notice how the bellypan completeley covers where the exhaust is? I love this look! Why can't the Japanese manufacturers figure this out? They all leave the catalytic converter hanging out for all the world to see. Are they afraid of melting the plastic if they hide the cat? It drives me crazy seeing that big black box just hanging there. It's almost made even worse if you put a full system on a bike like a GSXR 1000 because then you just have a big hole. Anyway, I think this MV looks amazing. Except for the exhaust outlet.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
But I have the feeling that some of the styling creases and angles are kinda like "styling for the sake of styling", without any obvious functional merit, which always makes me feel a little uneasy about it's styling longevity. The most beautiful bikes and cars are simply styled, without any contrived styling, IMO.
Then you must find all modern MV's are uneasy in their styling then ... massively contrived with "styling for the sake of styling" everywhere.

I prefer Ducatis because they "were" more functional.
Pete

1 - 20 of 45 Posts