Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday for Fathers Day my present was my wife shuffling her and the kids off and I got to watch the Formula None race at Indy and go riding. After watching the Bridgestone tire test I geared up and went out. I've noticed that just about everytime I go out people are giving me the thumbs up or when I stop people walk over to ask about the bike. At one stop in which you had nothing but Harley's (and I was the only sport bike) it pissed all all the Hog riders when the woman came over and asked me about the Duc. The real high of the day came when at a light a guy on a new GSXR 1000 K5 rolled up and said "Nice Ride!" I immediately said his ride was extremely nice as well. His reply to that was "While this thing might be fast I would sooner take the Ducati any day of the week. Speed isn't everything". Ahh so true, so true.. :) It's great to hear that. From the minute I swung my leg over the 999 I knew it was the bike and now that I'm past the 600 and I'm taken the RPM's up the redline (wow, what a rev limiter BTW) I'm simply more and more impressed by this machine. While I know it's nearly impossible I wondering how much more Ducati would sell if they had demo rides..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: It was good to hear "Nice bike.." (drthompson65)

MotoEuropa in Richmand, VA has almost all of their ducatis available for demos including 999.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Although of no consolation to you as you have a nifty new bike, Ducati does have demo rides.

They have a wandering semi known as the ductruck. It has all the models and makes stops all over the country. Primarily in the surrounding area after the superbike races. A great bunch of people operate this and it's a lot of fun.

I imagine you could contact DNA to see where the truck will be for the next event. They require riding gear, no shorts etc., and proof of insurance.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: It was good to hear "Nice bike.." (Old Fart)

What a shame on the F1....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Delano sports center in our neck of the woods does demo rides. For Father's Day, I got to play golf and watch the formula one race. Well I played golf and worked on the bike when I saw what was going on with michelin.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well cool! I didn't know they had Demo rides.. Maybe it was good I Didn't go since I would have order up a R and been in divorce court.. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry...I don't think anyone demo's an R. If you find one let me know. I'll fly anywhere :)

Modified by Loosecannon at 1:14 AM 6/21/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: It was good to hear "Nice bike.." (jbraslins)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbraslins »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MotoEuropa in Richmand, VA has almost all of their ducatis available for demos including 999.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My 999 was a ME demo bike
Came with a FBF windscreen, and a termi slip on exhaust!!

Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts