Speedzilla Forums banner

Isle of Man Advice/Experience (for the 2012 race)

715 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cheekybloke 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has gone before and if they have advice about where to stay, what to do, areas to see (or avoid) or really any general information?

PM may or email may be best to not clog the board with unnecessary tripe or family feuds. Or spark any.

See less See more
#2 ·
Basically you need one of two things:

1. to have a good sense of adventure along with a good backpack and hope for a little luck in finding a place

or

2. know somebody that either lives there or knows someone that lives there with close connections to get you accommodations to stay with a friend or a rent a room from them etc...

#4 ·
I thought about going last year but was WAY behind the window to book accomdations. Basically, you need to book for next year while this year is going on or you're shut out or paying up to get in after the fact. Good gig for the locals to make a serious buck for 2 weeks of tourism.:(

#6 ·
Ok, thanks for the responses/information. It's roughly what I had found so far when researching this year and last.

Is it silly to think one could commute a few times from the mainland to the island? I'm not desperate to see the entire two weeks of practice and racing. Was really thinking of puttering around Europe for a while before the race and then heading to the Isle for a day or two of the actual races.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.