Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Opinion

A bunch of limp wristed panty waists.

They have haybales and people to stop them from hitting the buildings.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
La Baneza... one of those things Spanish governments, ever fearful of passing as "primitives" in the eyes of their overlords don't like foreigners to know about. Thinking of it is unbelievable the race's still going on and attracting larger and larger crowds each year. Everybody in Spain, even people who don't give a damn about Jorge Lorenzo, know about La Baneza.
I don't think I'll ever go there though because it way too much crowded and the fierce August sun of Old Leon would surely send me to the ER room with a sunstroke. :p
There are four classes in this race: historical two stroke, historical four stroke (both reserved to mono), historical twins and 125GP (the bikes you saw racing here).
Historical two stroke is pretty much the hunting preserve of classical Spanish machines like Bultaco, Ossa: rules are written as to keep out more competitive Italian bikes like Morbidelli and Minarelli. Historical four stroke are open to mono up to 500cc, meaning this is the hunting preserve of such bikes as the Matchless G50.
Historical twins are a pretty new category and is open to twins up to 250cc built up to 1990. That means Yamaha TZ250... :D
It's very hard for non-Spanish to enter the race: you need to be "recommended" either by a former winner, an historical sponsor or some other local worthy.

PS: locals tried to lynch an incumbent major when they caught voice he was going to abolish the race before leaving office! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts