Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The bling king!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Ducatisti,

I have a PVM magnesium rear wheel that came with my 916 when I bought it. It is damaged because the previous owner didn't tighten it down properly but I was wondering if it is repairable or if I should just use it as garage-wall art. :)

Waddya think? Thanks...

·
Registered
25 Posts
i know sombody who had something similar with a magnesium marchesini.
they replaced the holes with steel ones.
don't know how to say it in english,a bit like ypu do with a heli-coil.
i hope you understand what i mean.

henk!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like a stress fracture is visible in one hole, how many more are not visible?.

Use the wheel to decorate the wall as you mentioned, or it may use you to decorate the highway. :twocents

·
Dis Member
324 Posts
Looks like a stress fracture is visible in one hole, how many more are not visible?.

Use the wheel to decorate the wall as you mentioned, or it may use you to decorate the highway. :twocents
I cracked a set of 5 spoke wheels in a racing incident. The front even broke a spoke. I sent it to MC Wheel were they magnifluxed it, worked some magic then magnafluxed it again. It may have been some other process but it could find cracks. These guys can work magic and I am not affiliated with them in any way. I raced on the wheels for 2 more years and even Daytona. I am thinking about sending them back in again to be checked this winter. Now I don't want to take the blame if either of our wheels break but I'm just saying you may have options. If you are going to hang it on the wall I may be interested in buying some of your Art. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
do you know what it cost to let them check a wheel out,like magnaflux it and everything?

henk!!!

·
who's yo daddy?
757 Posts
I cracked a set of 5 spoke wheels in a racing incident. The front even broke a spoke. I sent it to MC Wheel were they magnifluxed it, worked some magic then magnafluxed it again. It may have been some other process but it could find cracks. These guys can work magic and I am not affiliated with them in any way. I raced on the wheels for 2 more years and even Daytona. I am thinking about sending them back in again to be checked this winter. Now I don't want to take the blame if either of our wheels break but I'm just saying you may have options. If you are going to hang it on the wall I may be interested in buying some of your Art. :D

+1 for MC wheel. They have repaired wheels for me also. Stellar job.

mcwheel wheel repair for alloy car and motorcycle wheels, straightening, motorcycle wheel repair, motorcycle wheel straightening, bent motorcycle wheel, bent wheel, bent motorcycle rim, bent rim.

·
-_-
2,284 Posts
Throw it away.

The PVM mag 6 spokes like yours have a very very bad reputation because they tend to crack. My dealer took a new set out of the box. The rider didn´t make it out of pitlane the next weekend. no joke! The new products are supposed to be way better, but how old is your wheel anyway? 10 years? 15?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts