Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
-_-
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoved around quite a lot of posts and subforums today. All threads have been moved into their new categories, for example RC51 General and Technical Discussion are now merged into Honda RC51. Nevertheless 90% of the old subforums have been archived in the secret ancient box at the bottom of this forum:
secret ancient box - Speedzilla Motorcycle Message Forums

If you should be missing a thread, that´s the place to have a look for it.
The section is closed for new topics and posts and will only serve as a window to the past.

·
Registered
530 Posts
What was the motivation behind this wholesale change to the site? Certain aspects I can understand; the GSXR community was and is better served on Gixxer.com, for example. But Speedzilla was always primarily a Ducati and RC51 site. This was especially so regarding the Ducati and RC51 classified sections. To remove every aspect of those parts of the site seems self-defeating.

As Varium eloquently points out above, this just makes the site somewhat irrelevant; why not just kill (or better, sell to someone who wants to actually run it) Speedzilla altogether?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I hate to say it (for fear of being banned) but this sucks. Other motor sites have modeled thier sites and ease of use in the zillas image. Now, well... who would want to sift through all the pages of random crap just to find a stepped side fairing bolt?

Each manufacturer should have its own classified section at a minimum.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
this may have inadvertently been my fault. sorry guys. I was asking for a new section for project bikes and pointed out that there were many unused sections and what was the harm in having one more if it didn't work out. guess it lit a fire.

·
2,737 Posts
Just spent 5 minutes on barf.com and am wondering why i left in the first place.
A little observation and random thoughts,
I've been here for x years and on teh barf for Y. MS, DucSbk, and Org also.

Teh barfs is a rather localized forum and you are exposed to the SF area libonuts which will buzzkill just about any subject while touting the merits of pooping on cop cars. There are some incredible stories posted there by some decent writers though. It might be a good place for giggles and turd to frequent but their rants would be squelched pretty quickly. I haven't seen much in depth bike chat there but it seems the sink is the magnet with the off topic discussions.

Although now owned by verticalscope, zilla is one of the few sites that is not inundated by flashing banners and 900 adverts per page. Having said that, we have been conditioned to flashy colors and header pictures on other sites that zilla does not have. Maybe a script update and more media pics will refresh this place. All forums go through their ups and downs. Seems this one is going through a down period.

Wholesale change is rarely good and the consolidation of pages seems to inhibit the flexibility and exposure to subject matter as everyone is different as to what they want and who they interact with on a forum. Personally when I click up I go through several forums in my pecking order.

duc org
zilla
barf
duc sbk
ms

Your results may vary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts