Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hanging around about 2 weeks since I got my RC. She's an 04, with pair, flapper, soft limiter removal all done. PC3usb, gp shifting, aftermarket signals, chain & sprockets, exhaust wrap, sliders, and some nice sticky pilot race rubber. Has 10k on it, paid $6k. She's mint, and never seen the ground. Bought from a riding buddy.

My first twin, my 4th bike (ninja 250, f3, r6). I love this thing. Solid as a damn rock, good grunt down low (which i've never had before), a pure pleasure to ride. I'm a very active rider that likes to hop around on the bike, and she just loves my riding style. This is the most enjoyable bike I've ridden.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Introduce myself (Shrewd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shrewd »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My first twin, my 4th bike (ninja 250, f3, r6). I love this thing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome to the board!!! And I have to say that is the nicest progression of bikes for a novice to a seasoned rider I have seen in a long time!!! Now you've joined the darkside, let the rest of the modding begin!!!

Modified by waterboy420 at 10:02 PM 7/7/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (crodrc51)

Welcome to the board! bike looks sweet
all you need now is a set of pipes (everything you've read about sato's is true
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (RC Cola)

Shoot, I was thinkin he should save the $1200 for track days, and just get some kevlar lines and some HRC pads and hit the track!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (sizmtrz)

welcome to the forum and what a nice bike u have there..still thinking about replacing mine with the hayden replica..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Hams51)

yeah but the guy i sold it to must have sold it to this guy cause the milage and the price quoted were reversed when i sold it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Introduce myself (seldom57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seldom57 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey thats my old bike</TD></TR></TABLE>

How can you tell??

Welcome to the board and yeah you got a great deal on it
...if you have to go with an exhaust? Pay that litle bit more for the Satos..trust me.THEY ARE WORTH IT
...I would do rims and suspension first but if a great deal drop on in? Get it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Welcome aboard, nice looking bike, once you get an aftermarket exhaust system for it, you'll truly be in love with that machine.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (seldom57)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seldom57 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey thats my old bike</TD></TR></TABLE>
Sure is. I ran into your site sometime ago (a year or so), and Adam told me where the bike came from and the sticker that was on it, I made the connection. Sooo.. Gimme the lowdown, has she ever been down? Seen many track days etc?

edit* dammit, I have two names (long story) and Im signed into the wrong name (different computer) Im shrewd

Modified by jbowers24 at 8:04 AM 7/8/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Introduce myself (3stripes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How can you tell??
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Im guessing the CF fins in the radiator areas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Nice ride, and welcome to the v-twin aristocracy. Sick curves and shit eating grins served daily. F a duc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Introduce myself (jbowers24)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jbowers24 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im guessing the CF fins in the radiator areas.</TD></TR></TABLE> I don't think so cause enough guys has them to get it all mixed up...hhhmmmmmm..wonder how he knew??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Introduce myself (3stripes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I don't think so cause enough guys has them to get it all mixed up...hhhmmmmmm..wonder how he knew??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

My guess is that the collection of Mods and the fact that it still has factory exhaust...when exhaust is 98% of the time the first thing changed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Introduce myself (sizmtrz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How can you tell??

</TD></TR></TABLE>

-Cf fins
-black trim on the windscreen
-those particular frame sliders with the windscreen trim around the holes in fairings
-replaced frankenstein bolts that hold on the tailsection
-blinkers with windscreen trim around the holes
-gp shift
-exhaust wrap
-missing sticker on the right side of frame
-all the hayden decalsexcept for the dunlop on the front fender

The thing that made me sure was the grips. Ive never seen those particular grips on another sportbike.

Im not O.C.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts