Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

Just wanted to formally poke my head and heart in here. I plan on being a first time Duc owner in about 6 days. I'm actually going from Ohio to NC to pick up my new/old :) 02 998 with a few things having been taken care of on it already. Saved a little, thought it might be worth a view/ride. I have been riding for some time and still hold on to my long range 94 CB1000 "Big ONE", I just recovered from a Buick eating incident on a (on my modded 03 RC51) twisty ride in Southern Ohio (5 weeks) and was itching for twin love again.

I'm running around Columbus, Ohio and am familiar with Cycle-Cat and Chris there...also there are a handful of Duc riders in our club C.O.R.E Central Ohio Riding Enthusiasts.

till next time- stand by for random newbie questions as I don't leave any bike stock

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Intro. Ducati taster (throttlehead)

Congrats Throttlehead!! We look forward to seeing pics!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well well well . . . so you've come out of the closet at last Eric!!

You just treat her right, hear? - we'll be watching!!

BAMBAM

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (Bill)

hey thanks Bill....i'm leaving Friday night or Sat. early morning to NC to get her if everything plays out right. we'll see- I'm hopeing Rob can lend me his trailer early this week as he said he was leaving for a race this next weekend

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (throttlehead)

You getting kam's 998? Great work! I live right down the road from him in raleigh. So if for some reason you need a place to stay for a night let me know. I have a little shop with a couch and a place for the bike, if you are too beat to drive back that day or want to ride around a bit before you go back. Congratulations on the soon to be new bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (throttlehead)

Also if you can't get a trailer, you can rent a uhaul motorcycle trailer. I have used one before and they work pretty well. I think it is like $14/day. Not a bad deal. You could probably even pick one up down here and return it up in ohio.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You getting kam's 998? Great work! I live right down the road from him in raleigh. So if for some reason you need a place to stay for a night let me know. I have a little shop with a couch and a place for the bike, if you are too beat to drive back that day or want to ride around a bit before you go back. Congratulations on the soon to be new bike.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am believe it or not.....I figured..."hey its time for a road diversion" and for what better reason?...I'm just hoping its the way it looks in the pics and there are no unspoken or unknown issues...as i'm basically driving 9 hours to an unheard, not ridden ride
but this also

thanks for the potential horizontal option for a nap and rap, I will certianly keep it in mind and let you know. I think Kam let the tags expire, so I don't much riding can occur

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Intro. Ducati taster (throttlehead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by throttlehead »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> till next time- stand by for random newbie questions as I don't leave any bike stock
</TD></TR></TABLE>

YOU don't leave a bike stock???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Intro. Ducati taster (waterboy420)

looks like drive time will start Friday night.....enclosed trailer 9 hours (yuck) arrive Sat morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts