Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I would like to thank Scott Gage (CBR400RR), Section8, Dan Kyle, Motowheels, todapower, SP2pilot for hooking me up with some great deals, fast shipping, great communication and/or helping with the install of parts for my bike. I bought Brembo radial master cylinders for the clutch and brake, brembo 4 pad calipers. Marchesini forged magnesium wheels, Speedymoto top triple clamp, Ohlins Steering damper, R&T forks, and shock, Cycle Cat kickstand (1" longer) and clip-on risers (which are very nice if you haven't seen them), A 520 14/38 conversion with a quick change sprocket carrier and billet sprocket hub cover.

Aside from that, I've paid for a frame, motor, radiator, tires, swingarm, throttle assembly. I'm planning to build another bike with the stuff I take off of mine. So far, I've received a swingarm, and a motor. I bought the frame, motor, and radiator from the same guy in New York. I paid for all three on 19 July. I picked up the motor at Forward Air a week ago. Since then, I've sent numerous emails requesting tracking numbers, and Aug 4, I received a tracking number for the title. He claims to not understand how he's not living up to his side of the bargain. I paid for the swingarm a week ago, and it showed up 2 days later. Anyone else feel my pain? Got an idea of what I should do?

The guy I sent money to for tires and other things is telling me that the tires were drop-shipped two weeks ago. The other items were a no-go so he refunded my money for the other items. I feel like I'm getting the run-around along with an auction I won on Ebay, where I'm told it was shipped, but for some reason there's no tracking information being sent my way. I'm at the point now, where I just want my money back for the tires so that I can just buy them locally for less money, and get started. I initially paid for the tires and other items because it would have helped that person out, and I would have gotten a better package deal. However, with the other items as a no-go, I could have bought my tires cheaper, and had them a week ago. I can't put my wheels on my bike, until I have tires (I don't want to take them off twice, I want to get it done all at once) so SP2pilot, who is graciously letting me use his shop and wealth of knowledge, is waiting with me, to get started on this project. And I'm just going to be pissed if I ever get tracking information and see that the tires weren't even shipped until tomorrow (Aug 8). This is BS. I'm not mentioning the name, and I won't make any comparisons to Ducman in Westminster, CA....yet

So, to those whose names I've mentioned in the beginning, thank you
. There's a reason that people always go to you. To those I've sent money to and who've sent me nothing in two or three weeks since paying for stuff
(not even a tracking number) in return. Get your act together.

Thanks

Andy

If anyone has the steering stem and nut for an adjustable (eccentric) sbk headstock, please let me know. I also need track bodywork, and the eye bolts that go on the ends of the shifter rod. Two of the eye bolts for the rear set, and one that attaches to the tranny. Don't ask.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Internet purchases get really irritating;just venting (andito77)

Andy, If it's any consolation you paid for your chain adjuster tool on Friday and I shipped it on Saturday via USPS Priority mail. You will have it by Tuesday. I too have never understood all the bullshit delays that people come up with. Thanks for the purchase, Phil.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Internet purchases get really irritating;just venting (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...... I too have never understood all the bullshit delays that people come up with. Thanks for the purchase, Phil.</TD></TR></TABLE>

two wheel bang ups, surgery, death, or family....true that

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Internet purchases get really irritating;just venting (andito77)

bought a set of fairings from the states,
5 weeks ago,
,,still not here and i bought a bellpan and it arrived in 2 weeks,,
,,,no tracking number so i informed paypal and now have been refunded for the fairings.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Internet purchases get really irritating;just venting (Phil 998)

Phil,

Yes, it is a consolation. 3 day turnaround is awesome. Thank you very much. Also, Metro Duc!! 4 day turnaround. Thank you for keeping me informed in a timely manner. I met Phil at SP2pilot's bbq in Salinas, CA. Great guy, loves Ducatis, is doing a great service buy making and selling these high quality parts. Check 'em out sometime. I think his ebay name is filanteracinginc, and metro duc is...metro duc.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts