Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if the front and rear sprockets on a 05 1000 rr are interchanable with our sp1 and sp2 bikesÉ I friend is parting out his crashed bike and i woul love to have these if it only means trying them out to see if i like the gearing.

«also what is the stock number of teeth on the 1000 rr.

Thanks guys,

Adrian

·
1,061 Posts
There are I can't remember the years off the top of my head. CBR 600rr and 1000rr will both fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if the front and rear sprockets on a 05 1000 rr are interchanable with our sp1 and sp2 bikesÉ I friend is parting out his crashed bike and i woul love to have these if it only means trying them out to see if i like the gearing.

«also what is the stock number of teeth on the 1000 rr.

Thanks guys,

Adrian
factory number of teeth on the 1000RR is 41, it fits our bikes, i just got my buddies off his bike and will be using it after i buy a new chain and a front.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
The sprockets off of quite a few Hondas will fit. The easiest way to find out which ones will work is to look at the numbers for the sprocket carrier, as ours was also used on other bikes. The sprocket part numbers will be different if they have more/less teeth.

02ssle-
I've always been told that using an old sprocket on a new chain was a no-no, as it will cause the new chain to wear prematurely. I've never tested that theory, as I don't like to spend $150 trying to save $50. Why not just throw the cbr sprocket on the old chain and see if you like the change in gearing?

Even if it's an old wive's tale, why not just spend the extra money on a new sprocket? The steel ones can be had for less than $50. If you are buying a new chain, look around for deals on kits that include both sprockets. I was able to find a set with steel sprockets and a DID EVR3 520 chain on clearance at kneedraggers for less than the chain alone. $130 w/sprockets vs $150-$180 for just the chain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry didnt mean to say i was getting a new chain, im using it on my stock chain for now, it was free and i had to take my wheel off anyways so i put it on. also, im not too into the 520 conversion, buying a chain/sprocket setup in a few weeks anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts