Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's due on the old 998 the end of September. Ok, guys, who has the best rates for superbikes. My Progressive gets boosted to $410 per year from $340 last year. Part of it is Wisc BS legislation yada yada.

Whacha got.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I have all my vehicles with max limits, home, life, and $2M umbrella through State Farm. No accidents or tickets. 37 & 38 year old male & female drivers.

My 851 is $21/month and my 999 was $32/month.

They remain the cheapest I could find.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
i pay 350 a year through state farm.... but i THINK you have to already have a car policy with them to insure you with a bike..i could be wrong but two of my buddies got denied with clean records.

·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything is with AmFam except the Duc. They won't insure that one. I'll ring up a SF agent for a question and quote session.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Everything is with AmFam except the Duc. They won't insure that one. I'll ring up a SF agent for a question and quote session.
My family had American Family most of my younger years. I used them up until I bought the 851 in 1996. It was one of the blacklisted bikes on a big list they had. Interestingly Bimotas were not listed, although I'm sure if you rolled up on a Tesi they would have had to call the home office.

I'm also sure you have to have a car with them. Their rates are reasonable though. Our Cayenne Turbo is $440/6 months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Foremost has great rates for my 848, around 300 for the year. They also cover trackdays, and sponser motorcycle racing!!

·
swollen member
643 Posts
you guys got it good......up here in canuckleville satate farm.. VFR 44 yrs old good record (1 minor speed violation) $1125 although i may be able to get $850 from riders plus......

For the money you yanks pay i'd have two or three bikes again...prob a 999 and some kind of adventure bike...

·
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man boom, seems like you're getting stabbed on those rates. Sounds like the insurance industry has a stranglehold on you guys.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Being in a big city makes a huge difference. In this case living in the middle of nowhere has its advantages (plus good roads are 10 minutes away).

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
My renewal just came, it's $374 a year for a '04 Multistrada and a '97 DR 650. That's full coverage on both bikes too. I have Progressive for bike ins.

·
2000 RC51 Rider
63 Posts
Damn, I'm getting hosed!!!!! I pay $470 for 6 months of coverage through Allstate! 29 years old and a clean record, I'm gonna call around and see about lowering that crap!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
My monthly full coverage for a 1995 E250 (van), 2004 Audi S4, 1995 RVF 400rt, 2003 RC51 is $164. Believe it or not my driving record is in decent shape as I fight EVERY little ticket or violation they want to throw at me.

State Farm is the Bomb and they will honor a "Track day" as long as it's a valid school (in the title of the program) and the participant IS NOT RACING other individuals for place or timed laps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i pay 350 a year through state farm.... but i THINK you have to already have a car policy with them to insure you with a bike..i could be wrong but two of my buddies got denied with clean records.
I work for State Farm. You don't have to have a car insured to write the bike. You just have to have your M1 endorsement. I don't understand how they could have been denied with clean records unless they didn't have their M1. The rates are higher without a car when you are young though. However, if you have a car and a bike when you are a youthful driver, the age only affects the car. The bike ends up dirt cheap as your driving record info stays with the car. My liability limits are high for my umbrella with comp and collision as well and my ZX-10 is $400 per year. Not bad for SoCal.

·
2000 RC51 Rider
63 Posts
Do any of you guys that live in the northern part of the country, where you can't ride from say, late October until late April take the insurance off of your bike during the down months? I'm pissed, Allstate has been raking me over the coals, what I pay in 6 months I can get for 12 months through Progressive:banghead Gonna call State Farm tomorrow and see if they can do any better!

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Even though Mr.RC45 is insured with State Farm as a standard 94 750 I pay $800 a year because
I'm always one speeding ticket away from walking...

·
Registered
130 Posts
250 per year via state farm.

One thing that is nice about SF is that you do not pay extra for items added on ( carbon fiber, titanium,etc). As long as you have the reciepts, they will re-imburse you. As my agent told me, if you buy a 500 dollar car and install a 2000 dollar stereo system, it is all covered.

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts