Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I have a question regarding collision on my '05. The RC is payed for and will go on the track next spring after I spend some $$ on upgrades and attend Cornerspeed.

Q: Should I keep collision on the bike, considering the age and intended use next year.

Any input/opinions would be helpful.

Happy 4th to all!!!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Depending on your company and states "views" on a track day compared to racing should be the difference between keeping or eliminating the coverage.

Here in MN, trackdays and schools are considered skill enhancements and therefore (with a typical INSR battle) covered bymost plans. Now as always you would want to get your companies procedure in writing for this type of a potential claim but I know State Farm has this listed the way we need ot to.

In a competitive racing scenario you will never find INSR coverage from any company. You would be referred to in the business as a self insured racer with a phat pocket book!:twocents

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check with Farm Bureau on that. I was looking at cost vs. claims on any track day or street damage. I had heard that the formula was that coverage cost times 10 should not exceed the value of the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts