Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on a trip over to Olympia next weekend and thought it would be nice to take some time and explore the twisties over there. Does anyone have any input on a good day-ride for the Pacific Northwest? I wouldn't mind being part of a group if anyone has a ride planned already. It'd be nice to meet some fellow Duc pilots...

Regards,

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Input for a NW weekend ride (Jeff H.)

Mt St Helens since you are in the area. You could take the long way to Olympia through Chelan, Winthrop to Hwy 9.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Input for a NW weekend ride (foggy123)

Hwy 7 is also good from Spanaway/Tacoma to Elbe, then 12 heading south towards Helens. Forget the name of the cutoff road to Helens (ping Kevlar or Holeshot for that) but its fun too, and avoids I-5, which sucks big time. Just try and hit 7 when there's not too much traffic... its all curves, so there aren't too many good passing spots for RV's and such.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I plan on visiting a buddy in Spanaway as well, so maybe I could just make a loop of it. I'll check my maps for the road to St. Helens. I have some leeway in my schedule, so i thought I'd either try the loop on a Friday or Sunday morning in the hopes of beating travelers.

Regards,

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Input for a NW weekend ride (Jeff H.)

You might try looking on Desmonorthwest.com too, post up you're looking for some riding company, hopefully somebody will be available there. I'd be up for it except for that whole work thing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts