Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any good info on shooting the gap from the south to the north, I'll be driving back from Florida and i know the side trip will be worth the time.. i'm hoping to do this EARLY morning this saturday and was wondering what stops to make, what to look for and look out for...

or if anyone's gonna be there and when..

THANKS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Info on Deal's Gap (waterboy420)

If your coming from florida then it is definatly out of the way. there is no easy way to get to it off the high way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Info on Deal's Gap (SFlaMedic)

well, with the car i'm bringing back from florida, there's no way i could drive past without shooting the gap... it's going to be an extreme exercise in self control.. waterboy can vouch for me on that

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Info on Deal's Gap (JonnyRocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JonnyRocket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, with the car i'm bringing back from florida, there's no way i could drive past without shooting the gap... it's going to be an extreme exercise in self control.. waterboy can vouch for me on that
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well let us in on this little secret. American or european? If its short wheelbaseit will be a blast! Those minis absolutely rock on the gap!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Info on Deal's Gap (waterboy420)

Word from the gap is that they (cops) are writing anybody for anything. I would drive the speed limit ( another exercise of your control) or else JonnyRocket will be seeing JonnyLaw!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Info on Deal's Gap (Utopia)

the plan is to do the gap as early saturday morning as possible, to avoid jonny law and all the traffic... and trust me.. i WONT be speeding... i cant risk it.. the car isnt mine...
it only takes 8-9 hours to get there from tampa, and i arrive there around 6pm friday, i'm planning on gettin a hotel nearby (the gap) and leaving as soon as it's light enough to see...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Think Hwy 28 via Highland-Franklin-Gap 129

I like to stay in Franklin then ride the verious roads to and from the gap.

Enjoy the drive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

From Atlanta take I-85N Exit Ga 400 (toll road). Take 400 north to Dahlonega for about 50 miles until it ends. Take a left towards Dahlonega and follow the signs to GA 60. Follow the signs to Suches. 60 is a very fun, twisty road. Once in Suches you may want to stop at TWO (two wheels only motorcycle resort). It is a great place to stretch your legs and talk shop. When you leave TWO take a right at the BP gas station (and fill up) You are now on GA 180. This a very tight and technical road which is about 13 miles long that will drop you off on US 129. 129 in Georgia has passing lanes in the twisties which gives you plenty of room to work/play with. Stay on this road and you will end up on the tail of the dragon. My advice is to avoid the dragon on the weekends it is packed and highly patrolled. While you in that area do the Cherahola Skyway and the foothills parkway. I like them almost even more than the dragon. For More info check out <U>tailofthedragon.com</U>. Have a great trip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts