Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's winter time here so there's plenty of time to do some mods. I've used the search but there's not much info about the rear brake caliper bracket mod.
Can annybody supply me some info or better, some pics about the mod ?
TIA !:)

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
HUMMMMM Hey tuurio,

I don't remember this mod. being a "Rig-A-more-tie":D mod., tuurio, was he really the first to do it...? From what I do remember,... there was quite afew people saying, how BAD of an idea this mod. was! LOL

I did this mod. myself as well,... Gosh... I can't believe how many years ago that was already... Crazy mang., makes me want to check my "Log Book" for the exact month, Year. Hahahahaa

Anyhow tuurio,
What do you want to know.... I'm NOT using mine any more, since going to the Hide Away brake set-up.;)

So,.. Do you want pictures of mine off the MC or what would you like?

Peace Jeff

PS. FWIW., Rigor was the man, who gave me a Great tip for doing the Rear Disc Lighting Holes... :clapper

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the responce Jeff !

Did you saw/drilled/welded/cottered or whatever did you do on that bracket ?

FWIW aaah the "dstewartrearrotormod" you mean, this is perfomed last week on my rear rotor. i had a hard time of making the big holes for sure.
Because the rear wheel and all of its components are removed now, i could mod the caliper bracket as well.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thanks for the responce Jeff !

Did you saw/drilled/welded/cottered or whatever did you do on bracket ?

FWIW aaah the "dstewartrearrotormod" you mean, this is perfomed last week on my rear rotor. i had a hard time of making the big holes for sure.
Because the rear wheel and all of its components are removed now, i could mod the caliper bracket as well.

Sorry it took so long to get back... I got called for help to the other side of the shop.

Again,... LONG time ago, I went into the web\casting with either 8mm or 10mm drill,... Jig Saw> out the webbing, went in with a course Flapper wheel then Fine flapper wheel and Finished!
FWIW,... You don't see most of it and ONLY if You know what to look for....;) This mod. is for dropping alittle weight.

I Hope this Helps,

OH Yeah, and NO to whatever you're asking about the rear disc.... Dave just gave ME a Tip on how to make the Holes Easily.

Peace Jeff

PS. I will "TRY" to post up a picture or 2 later this evening after I get home.

·
1,061 Posts
Are you talking about removing the webbing on your rear caliper bracket?

I have done this. I've had zero issues with it since it was done.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Are you talking about removing the webbing on your rear caliper bracket?

I have done this. I've had zero issues with it since it was done.

You got it... NO there's no issues on my end either.. I didn't reply to You since I thought You'd see what we were talking about... and YOU did.;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay now its clear, thank you both for the feedback, i've always found the bracket a lump piece of metal, lets mod. I'm a huge fan of drilling holes since the "dstewartrearrotormod" mod !! Hahahhaa:rockon

You got it... NO there's no issues on my end either.. I didn't reply to You since I thought You'd see what we were talking about... and YOU did.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts