13 Randy De Puniet Pramac Racing Ducati GP11 1:45.577
14 Hiroshi Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda RC212V 1:46.159
15 Loris Capirossi Pramac Racing Ducati GP11 1:46.484
16 Karel Abraham Cardion AB MotoRacing Ducati GP11 1:46.643
17 Toni Elias LCR Honda Honda RC212V 1:47.507

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
It's amazing to watch them accelerate off turn 9. The yamahas are so composed, the hondas are nearly as smooth, and the ducatis are looking more out of shape.

Harleys are on track now, there could be an oildown.:p

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Seeing how the slowest man in FP1 at Indy last year (Randy DePuniet in the 17th spot) was about 3 tenths faster than Spies' leading time today, I'm guessing that the track must still be really green after the re-pave and/or recent rains. Either that or they used a pavement compound/mix that simply yields less grip.

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
Seeing how the slowest man in FP1 at Indy last year (Randy DePuniet in the 17th spot) was about 3 tenths faster than Spies' leading time today, I'm guessing that the track must still be really green after the re-pave and/or recent rains. Either that or they used a pavement compound/mix that simply yields less grip.
Watching them do practice starts, Spies was fishtailing away and you could see some of them spinning excessively.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Wow. That takes me back. Never knew Jack but they don't come any nicer than Audry....
Agreed, miss Audry is the coolest chic ever, and helped many a racer in her time. From the Hayden bros. to Hunter Morgan, and lots of folks in between. She's class act and a dear close friend of mine. Jack is her dude, we grew up riding and racing together, they are two awesome folks...

oh yea, GO Spies!... :D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Bmw's display sucks, all they brought was the 6 cylinder bikes and the s1000rr. It's hot and sunny here. Go Ben Spies!
What do you expect??? all BMW gots is Wide and Widest... Betha and Betha Butts...

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Homeless people begging on every corner down Meridian.
Those "homeless people" may actually be Ducati wrenches trying to get a free buck before they shut down the team!

Went there for the dealer show a few years ago and vowed to never come back. Then my alma mater went to the Final Four two years ago and I had to go back to that dump. What an epic shithole that place is. Was gonna hit the SuperBowl for the first time in my life this year and guess where it is? Fukn shitty Indy! I'll wait and hit the next two. Cannot believe that place survives on 3 races a year. :rolleyes: Hope they nix both Laguna and Indy once Austin gets built.;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ben is flying! I hope he can keep it up into qualifying tonight

·
Registered
150 Posts
Those "homeless people" may actually be Ducati wrenches trying to get a free buck before they shut down the team!

Went there for the dealer show a few years ago and vowed to never come back. Then my alma mater went to the Final Four two years ago and I had to go back to that dump. What an epic shithole that place is. Was gonna hit the SuperBowl for the first time in my life this year and guess where it is? Fukn shitty Indy! I'll wait and hit the next two. Cannot believe that place survives on 3 races a year. :rolleyes: Hope they nix both Laguna and Indy once Austin gets built.;)

Nah they will keep Laguna. Austin will replace Indy thank God!! Texas is just 2 states away from me unlike IN is

·
Registered
150 Posts
Go Stoner!!!! Go Spies! VR down in 14th LOL!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.