1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Whoa... the Busy Little Shop can't hold a candle to those high dollar cribs...

·
senior member,not citizen
465 Posts
too bad...

90% of those are not garages.... they are parking spaces and storage's. garages have tools where people work on things and empty beer bottles and blood stains,oil stains, etc.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Many of the photos looked authentic...but there was a lot of PhotoShop edits in some of them...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Interior lighting in the garages (especially exterior shots with the garage interiors brightly illuminated), reworked cars, etc. Some of them look to be actual garages with the cars PS'd in. Many of the photos are far less "retouched"...all IMHO of course! :)

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Wow, puts my garages to shame, In fact, I'm imbarresesd to post my garages for the fear you guys would blow up the photos and find some flaws or chicken strips on my bikes and cars or something...

Should we start our own thread featuring the "shops" we're all proud of?

·
senior member,not citizen
465 Posts
Wow, puts my garages to shame, In fact, I'm imbarresesd to post my garages for the fear you guys would blow up the photos and find some flaws or chicken strips on my bikes and cars or something...

Should we start our own thread featuring the "shops" we're all proud of?
as long as you work on things in your garage, and ride your bike who cares man, just my two cents

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think for a typical middle-class guy just having a bay equipped with basic tools and maybe a bike lift is doing pretty good. I still like looking at what is possible with cubic money though.

Here is another thread over on Ferrarichat
Enzo Garage - Page 15 - FerrariChat.com

This guy owns a Carrera GT, Ferrari F40, and an Enzo. No telling how much he spent remodelling his garage, $150k? It actually looks quite modest compared to the ones in the first post. Having custom four-post lifts made with underlift lighting, and hundreds of hand made tiles for the walls can't be cheap...

There is another guy on the thread (noted Ferrari collector James Glickenhaus). His garage is fairly plain in comparison. I guess having a $5M, one of a kind Pininfarina rebodied Enzo P4/5 makes up for it...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think for a typical middle-class guy just having a bay equipped with basic tools and maybe a bike lift is doing pretty good. I still like looking at what is possible with cubic money though.

Here is another thread over on Ferrarichat
Enzo Garage - Page 15 - FerrariChat.com

This guy owns a Carrera GT, Ferrari F40, and an Enzo. No telling how much he spent remodelling his garage, $150k? It actually looks quite modest compared to the ones in the first post. Having custom four-post lifts made with underlift lighting, and hundreds of hand made tiles for the walls can't be cheap...

There is another guy on the thread (noted Ferrari collector James Glickenhaus). His garage is fairly plain in comparison. I guess having a $5M, one of a kind Pininfarina rebodied Enzo P4/5 makes up for it...
The difference is James' workshop was actually setup for working on his cars ... the other types are for er, parking cars.

I agree with lushbaugh-00'748, if you can't work on your car or bike in the shed then it isn't a shed. It's like some have let their wives design their shed as well ... :wtf
Pete

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
Ok so how about the average garage thread?:)

This is where I live...

Some old photos of where my race bike lives:)
No good shots that actually show the working space good without a bike in the center.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I agree with the above comment: some pictures look doctored.
For no other reason that most of those cars would need a pan under the engine to catch oil. :p
I've seen plenty of garages housing exotica in my life but most of them don't hold a candle to your average garage.
The RC45 I went to see a while ago (the one I talked about with you Larry) was housed with other tasty bikes and cars in a dusty warehouse with no protection at all.
My father housed his Ferrari in the corner of a warehouse... but at least he put some old sheets on it! :eek:
Agan I saw some old Suzuki RG500 racers housed in the most despicable conditions possible but I'll stop right here because it really saddens me. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts