Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, somehow my idle cable broke. I replaced it, but it has been idling high. Nothing major to worry about, but tonight I decided to get it set right. The bike was fully warmed up since I just got home from town (about 15mi). Bike was running and I kept unscrewing the knob more and more with no effect until the damn cable just came off. The bike was idling at 1600rpms with no idle cable at all. WTF? It is an 02, standard mods, satos, PCIIIR.

Anybody? I am stumped!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I'm stumped, please help (Josh D)

Reconnect it and see then see if you can adjust it back down. I don't think you have a vacuum leak cause you didn't do anything else before that. Unless the other end of the cable IS the vacumm leak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I'm stumped, please help (Josh D)

Forgot to add- when I loaded a map into the PC a few weeks ago, it changed the idle. My cable broke when trying to adjust it, and I don't remember if it was high or low after the map was loaded. It was the Kyle map for the Banzai exhaust, found on the PC website. Surely this wouldn't cause it because lots of people use it, but just though I'd mention it also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine idles atouch high, Satos, Kyle map. Last year, this was discussed and most peoples idle did go up with this combo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bumped my idle up while at a recent track day and i set it too high when I went to back it back down the cable unscrewed also. Made for a great track day lunch tear down. Hot motor, fat fingers dont mix! I resorted to pulling the whole airbox off and screwed the idle cable back in and it worked fine again.

But like Rocket said 1600 sounds good to me.

ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doesnt the bike idle a liitle higher when warm? I think I remember someone saying the ECU will bump up the idle when the bike is hot to help flow coolant....Is it idleing high when hot or all the time?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (rcmc)

It is running high all the time. When I got home last night my temp gauge was at 174 and it was doing it.

Does it really not need the idle cable? If not, I'll just put it in the cabinet and not worry about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts