Speedzilla Forums banner

I'm so freaking pissed!!!

2K views 18 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
This is a 01 748s

Well, I decide to go ahead and start working on my bike tonight so I can have it ready for tomorrow.

I was planning on cleaning the air ducs and changing my top triple clam for a new one that I've got powder coated black.

Well, I am taking out the air ducs filters, and on of the clips that hold the air duct to the air box broke
To make things worse I needed to adjust the steering because it seemed a little crooked to the right. So, I loosen it up a little bit to fix it, and the mother of F.... somehow goes down. I mean I've done this before, and it never went down. I dont have a engine lifter or cherry picker whatever.......

Now, I have to find a way to glue that freaking clip to the air duc, and make it work, and tomorrow find out who in the hell will let me use their lifter. I swear if it isn't one thing is another.

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Re: I'm so freaking pissed!!! (HeckLer1979)

we may have a used one.. I'll let you know this afternoon..
You dropped your bike ? is that what you mean ?? or are you just having trouble getting the top clamp back on ??

G
#6 ·
Re: I'm so freaking pissed!!! (Dave R)

I didn't dropped my bike.

I had the bike on my rear stand took off the fairings, and took the air ducs apart to clean the fliters. Well, one of the little plastic clip (were it is being held from by a latch at the air box opening) broke off, the lower one.

After that, I was making sure my the handle bars were straigh because it seems the handle bars were a little to the right. So, I loosened up the triple clams uppers and lowers to move them. I didn't loosened them up too much because I knoew the triple clams would slide down. Well, the triple clams slid down anyway.

I don't have anything in my garage that is strong enough to hold a hoist. The triple clams went down about 1/2 inch.

Furthermore, after inspecting other parts, one of the rubber mounts that holds the speedometer in place is broken too
I just changed those things like 3 months ago. Now, I have a project to make something better. I'm thinking of drilling a hold through the rubber mount and put a screw, which is long enough to go through it.

It's 65 degree and sunny already, and I won't be able to ride my bike because of my stupidity

G
#8 ·
Re: I'm so freaking pissed!!! (Busamouse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Busamouse »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">J&B Weld it and ride it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have done that and it worked fine. I bent a flat peice of stainless to form nicely to the air tube and put the j&b on waited and worked just like new. Crashed it a few times on the track but that fix held up.

G
#9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HeckLer1979 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I loosened up the triple clams uppers and lowers to move them. I didn't loosened them up too much because I knew the triple clams would slide down. Well, the triple clams slid down anyway. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are trying to re-posision your clip-ons (handle bars), don't loosen the fork triple-clamp pinch bolts, loosen the two Allen bolts on the clip-ons and move them. That said... there are pins that will only allow you to move then slightly.

The triple clamp didn't fall, the forks pushed up into the clamps. You should be able to work one fork at a time back down to where it was and then tighten the clamps. You might need the help of a second pair of hands to do it.

G
#10 ·
Re: I'm so freaking pissed!!! (Mental998)

Agree with Mental, you should be able to push them back easily, try also giving it a slight rotating by hand, this usually helps too.

For a extra set of hands to take the weight grab your car jack and place it under your rearset on the right hand side, jack it up only enough to take the weight (sag) out of your forks, this will make life real easy, ....don't tip your bike over!

G
#11 ·

Ya' know... now that I think about what you've (Heckler) said... you had to have loosened the clip-on pinch bolts too, or the forks wouldn't have slid up.

Did you loosen the upper and lower triple and clip-on pinch bolts...?

G
#12 ·

Yes, I did. I'll fix it either today and tomorrow. My friend's dad has a cherry picker, which will be borrowed to me for a few days. I need to change the head bearing anyway. So, I might as well just do that now that I messed it up lol.

I hate the low beam ducati light. I'm thinking of taking the low beam housing off and see if I can make it like the high beam one. I have to have my high beams at night to actually see anything on the road. I am familiar with the HID kit, and i am not crazy to spend $$ for it.

I did a search about it, and I only could find HID kit comments, but nothing about just changing the low beam housing or installing something in place which emits more light. Any comments will be great on this.

If nothing can be done about, I'll just leave it as is. I need a new bike

G
#19 ·

On Friday my friend and I are going to Wilson's to get some new bike. He is going to try and get a 05 999. I had something to do with that since he wanted a 05 RC-51, but he got smart and decided to go with the 999. He has a CBR1000RR. I'm going to see who gives me the best deal for a litre bike. I might just end up getting the CBR1000RR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.