Speedzilla Forums banner

I'm back

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  RCBS 
#1 ·
Barely, posting from work. We were hit hard by the Hurricane, power has been out since monday. Trees down everywhere, no gas, long lines for the stations that have it, my generator has been running overtime just to keep the frig going and a TV on, 85 degrees in the house at night, loca traffic is bad, Gulf coast 165 miles to the south of us is GONE, V-Strom is pulling OT as fuel carrier and work horse, Grocery stores are bare, panic is almost widespread, sleep is rare especially with the 95 degrees in the day. I am wore out! Wife has been pulling long ours at the hospital. Vacation has been cancelled for the AMA Road Atlanta trip, gas is just to expensive and hard to come by right now. 75 mph sustained straight line winds locally on monday afternoon. Took out 200 year old oaks like match sticks. I really thought my brick home was going to explode. This went on for 6 hours. Rain was horizontal and would sting on bare skin. You could not stand in the wind, some gusts hit 100 mph. I watched trees topple. I will never forget the sound of the wind. Mississippi is in ruins pretty much 100% south of I-20. New Orleans situation is unbelievable. Woman shot in the head locally by her brother over a bag of ice. It is unreal some of the things happening here right now. Where the hell is the goverment? Bush? oh I fogot they are all in Iraq :rolleyes:

I am counting my blessing still today.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Dave I couldn't get it to recognize the old email account which I can't remember what was.

Everything is the same except a Z at the end instead of a S, rather have the S on the end if that's possible. :)

#6 ·
Glad to hear from you Balls.
I know exactly what you're going through, since I went through H. Andrew, in August '92, where we had 165mph gusts and those bands of Andrew, that came in intervals for 6 hours straight, as I recall. Pulsating walls, ears popping, nothing left of nature except water and dead leaves.

Good luck with everything, really. My prayers are with you and your neighbors. I'm gonna do some stuff to help out, soon enough. Keep your chin up, it's a war zone right now.

#7 ·
BALLZ said:
Where the hell is the goverment? Bush? oh I fogot they are all in Iraq :rolleyes:

I am counting my blessing still today.
I am in Atlanta and we are getting the spillover from what has turned out to be a catastrophe beyond anyone's wildest imagination. I grew up in Florida and remember one time when a major hurricane passed right over our house. When the eye came, we all ran outside and ran around like loonies just for fun and when it passed we all ran back inside just when all hell broke loose. If you choose to live in Florida, you know that you are living in a low-lying, hurricane-prone, potential disaster area. No hurricane has ever hit the Gulf Coast of Mississippi? Try Google for a primer in this subject.

Now, you want to blame the government? Are you that messed up? "they are all in Iraq"? huh?????? So you live in an area of Mississippi that is low lying and vulnerable to storm damage, just like the Florida I grew up in that was hit by hurricanes like cue balls on a pool table, and somehow, someway, the government is to blame and not just the government in general but George Bush in particular? Dude, you need a major chill pill....and move to Montana where they don't have that problem. See, I just solved your problem with geography? Can't help your other problems. Sheesh!!!!

#8 ·
roadkill said:
Now, you want to blame the government? Are you that messed up? "they are all in Iraq"? huh?????? So you live in an area of Mississippi that is low lying and vulnerable to storm damage, just like the Florida I grew up in that was hit by hurricanes like cue balls on a pool table, and somehow, someway, the government is to blame and not just the government in general but George Bush in particular? Dude, you need a major chill pill....and move to Montana where they don't have that problem. See, I just solved your problem with geography? Can't help your other problems. Sheesh!!!!

dude you need to chill out what the hell is the matter with you. :mad:

#9 ·
Now that we are on the subject. The most to blame for the situation in LA (Besides mother nature), are the governor of LA, and the mayor of New Orleans. Both are complete idiots. They were told Saturday, by numerous meteorologists, that everyone needs to get out of the area. There should have been buses lined up shuttling people out. Now they want to blame the federal government....WTF. God bless the people that are affected by this, but gulf state officials need to look in the mirror before they start blaming people hundreds of miles away.....02.

P.S. The federal gov does need to do something about fuel prices and shortages; once again my .02..

#10 ·
Roy, I didn't realize Jackson got hit so hard until a coworker was telling about her mother there. Instantly thought about you and Suzy. All I've been hearing about was NO and Biloxi. Was gonna call ya tonight to check on ya, but I figured it was to late. Gives me great relief that ya checked in here. Glad you guys are well. Let me know if you need anything.

#11 ·
roadkill said:
I am in Atlanta and we are getting the spillover from what has turned out to be a catastrophe beyond anyone's wildest imagination. I grew up in Florida and remember one time when a major hurricane passed right over our house. When the eye came, we all ran outside and ran around like loonies just for fun and when it passed we all ran back inside just when all hell broke loose. If you choose to live in Florida, you know that you are living in a low-lying, hurricane-prone, potential disaster area. No hurricane has ever hit the Gulf Coast of Mississippi? Try Google for a primer in this subject.

No you need a chill pill and you need to run your ass out of gas can't get to work, no work no money don't talk shit when your only problem is your out of gas! Don't compare our situation, yours is a supply problem my is long lasting. No I don't live ina low lying area 140 mph winds don't give a rats ass what elevation your at. The goverment of this country is in a mess I can say that I voted for the SOB in office now put that in your pipe and smoke it!. I don't want help from you where the hell did that come from. So your out of gas we are out of everything needed to sustain life from day to day.

Now go fill up you SUV/huge ass truck. .!.

#12 ·
TLSer said:
Roy, I didn't realize Jackson got hit so hard until a coworker was telling about her mother there. Instantly thought about you and Suzy. All I've been hearing about was NO and Biloxi. Was gonna call ya tonight to check on ya, but I figured it was to late. Gives me great relief that ya checked in here. Glad you guys are well. Let me know if you need anything.

Mark many thanks for your concern. We'll be fine the 22 mile one awy walk to work might not be so bad. My friggin company made us use vacation for tuesday, hell I came to work ad could not get in damn alarm was out. So I went back home. Lines for gas from the refugees is killing what little supply we had, alot are living out of all they have left theri vehicles. MY V-Strom has enough for another day to get here then back home. My generator gas is all but gone. Stations are empty. The ones that promise gas have long camped out lines all night long, most are all big vehicles. They have started rationing gas in $20~$30 increments which only brings the big SUV's back sooner. I can'y even get cloes to the pump, I have tyo work for a living and don't have all day to sit at a pump line. Most of the folks I see waiting are not going to work or never worked but they gotta have gas :rolleyes: unreal!

I thought after a day or two it would ease up it is getting worse.

#15 ·
Please let us not forget what the media does to us all. Granted, questions should be asked. Problems are abundant but the media makes it sound worse than it is (if that is even possible) The helo's are not under constant small arms fire, one shot was fired and suddenly it's a war zone. I do not excuse it and I am dissapointed by the surrounding people for not finding the culprit and beating him to death. After all, he is hurting everyone now.
It is Chaos down there now. I would like to know how the media has footage of the people trapped at the convention center but the director of FEMA does not find out about these people for over 24hours after footage is on national news.
But finger pointing is not helping right now.
Ballz, I understand your frustrations but blaming the Pres. isn't going to help. The best thing we can all do right now is TURN OFF THE DAMN TV.

#20 ·
manic said:
But finger pointing is not helping right now.
Agreed. Unfortunately human nature has set in.

All of the racial remarks are just about as unhelpful. But it makes a nice (ha-ha) story for the press.

The logistics of this situation have to be enormous. The levies must be repaired and then the pumps started again before much of anything else can happen.

I wouldn't wade into that area with anything less than a full hazmat gear considering that you would be walking through diluted sewer water and dead bodies, human and animal. No telling what else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.