Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the sound of it you guys in the states don't get much GP coverage and since I won't have Euro-sport
does anyone know if the GP will be "aired" on Sunday? and what stations? I'll be in the Dallas area if that helps...... Also... anyone have a bike I can use for 2 weeks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (bruntr)

The Speed channel Sunday 10 APR at 1500. (3:00PM for you civillian minded people)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanx............ Now I just hope my Hotel gets it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruntr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanx............ Now I just hope my Hotel gets it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel that had SPEED.

Just in case they don't, maybe someone knows a Dallas area sports bar or biker joint that would be showing it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

No prob.

Believe me I feel your pain. I've been here (stateside 5 months and i'm going crazy) I miss Germany and Eurosport like crazy. My "buds" http://www.froggyracingteam.com had their first endurance race of the season at Hockenheim over the Easter weekend and they're just a gloatin'.

This Sucks "The Big stick!!"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (Highsider)

Guys:

Just for the record...we don't get SPEED over here, either!

Maybe that's what this whole conflict is about? The insurgents demand motorsports coverage and less NASCRAP on SPEED

later,
Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (RCFiftyWon)

Hey "J". Hows it going?

Glad to hear from you...means you're safe and sound.

How goes things on that side of the world?

Sorry! That was a dumb question.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (Highsider)

Highsider:

I tell ya, man, I am suffering...

...from a hangover!

I just got back from Bahrain after taking a 5-day weekend there. I went to attend the F1 race, and it was every bit the F1 circus that I expected it to be.

I had a great time and I'm now totally recharged and ready to get back to work.

The hell of it is that I'll be in the States in three weeks for my next R & R. We're planning a Deal's Gap trip the last weekend in April to shake the cobwebs away - I haven't ridden hard since August '04. Then I'll be at Barber the first weekend in May for the ROGUE trackday

Glad to hear that you're doing OK, although I don't know how you could stand being stateside for 5 months!

I can honestly say I'm having a good time over here. I just got a promotion - as soon as I train up my replacement, I'll be moving to Mosul, Iraq to work. So I'm pretty stoked about the promotion and salary increase, and not so stoked about working in Mosul, but that comes with the territory I guess.

take care,
Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Bruntr, find a Hooters. They usually have Greed and I'm sure you could get one of their sets tuned in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (TLSer)

I believe thats 1500 eastern 1400 central where dallas is located.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Man, I am jealous, I was in Bahrain a few weeks ago and planned on going to the F1 race and due to some last minute tasking I am now in Djibouti Africa where the men are skinny and the sheep get eaten. I almost ran over a hyena taking off the other day. Ahh Africa in the springtime, its 115 but its a dry heat
I have not watched TV in weeks. Godbless the internet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (Ian748L)

Ian:

I've heard some f'd up stories about Djibouti. I guess we're in a similar business because my company does business there also. I can't remember - are you in the military? I work for KBR...

They say that the troops do PT at 02-0300 hrs. in the morning because after that, the water is too hot to shower with...

Nobody wants to work there...did you piss off your boss?

later,
Jeff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (bionicman)

Thanks for the link Bionic and to answer your question Jeff, I fly surveillance airplanes for the Navy and we go where the bad guys are which are not the most desirable, hence my current locale. Hats off to KBR. Some of the best chow Ive had yet. Crab legs every sunday, thats how I know its sunday. Only a few more weeks then I am out of here. I can't wait. I bought a coffee cup that says happiness is Djibouti in your rearview and yes its hot as hell with temperatures reaching 150+ in july and august.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: I'll be Stateside this Sunday....... where do I watch the GP (Ian748L)

Ian:

Thanks for the compliment...and I agree, 'Super Sunday' kicks ass!

And if I haven't told you lately, thanks for your service to our country.

Jeff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts