Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and you are still stupid enough to fall for it...

File a lawsuit!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Collegedale Man Sues Ebay After Motorcycle Did Not Arrive From Italy
posted February 7, 2005

A Collegedale man is suing Ebay after he said he bought a motorcycle from a man in Milan, Italy, and it was not delivered to his home as promised.

Al Whidden also sued SquareTrade, a group that provides protection to Ebay buyers.

Mr. Whidden said he agreed to pay James Trotuar of Milan $4,500 for the 2002 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing.

He said he sent a money order for $4,500 to Italy, but he never got the motorcycle in return.

Attorney Don Strickland filed the Circuit Court complaint.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (Rickster)

I got no problem with that- EBAY should be held accountable at this point for all the BS auctions on the site.

It was a fanatastic concept initially, but it has become a damn flea market in the last three years. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the guy filing suit isn't in the middle of a double scam against Ebay.

Who the hell would even attempt to buy a Goldwing from Italy? {fishy}

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm sure the guy who received the money order is still in shock that there really could be such a maroon out there. Then the dumb ass can't look in the mirror and say "I am stupid", no he has to file a lawsuit because his stupidity HAS to be somebody elses fault. He should probably go punch his old man in the head for breeding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have some ocean front property in New Mexico ... 12,000. for 6 acers !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I got no problem with that- EBAY should be held accountable at this point for all the BS auctions on the site... In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the guy filing suit isn't in the middle of a double scam against Ebay...</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's also possible this guy is doing this on purpose to make a point. Maybe he and his lawyer thought this would be a good way to get eBay to tighten up their program, assuming they could sue successfully. Maybe they have a case? If they were to actually win, what a precedent that would set! Then we'll see if eBay continues to let these BS scams propogate...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (AZ Scott)

The guy is a dope. Ebay is a great place to buy stuff you can afford not to get. I've never gotten hosed, knock on wood, but always expect the worst, as people, especially in cyber-space, svck.

I wouldn't buy anything on Ebay for more then a few hundred dollars. It's just not good sense to send $ out into the cosmos and expect not to get ripped off.

Buyer beware, is always a good practice. And if you fall for the above scam you must have just crawled out from under a rock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (GregP)

yeah sure stolen stuff too... the ebst way to get rid of a stolen bike is Ebay! and this guy does the right thing.. ebay should tighten a bit... Lots of scamers but also stupid sellers who bid with out even read the freakin rules of the auction....
Same goes for Cycletrader... i cant believe they let people advertise brand spankin new R1s for $3000 and most of the in Europe where an R1 cost as mauch as a MV agusta here in US!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (Giannis)

Both ebay & cycletrader should be held accountable... They are accepting listing fees for these bogus ads & should be made liable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (LDH)

How exactly should eBay and/or Cycle Trader prevent abuse of the system?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (Dave)

Supports the adage: A fool & his money are soon parted....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Who the hell would even attempt to buy a Goldwing from Italy? {fishy} </TD></TR></TABLE>

And really why would you even buy a bike thats commonly available here from overseas?

That $4500 bike is gonna cost you ALOT more to get it US approved that it would to just buy one here new. Needs a EPA cert (approx $3000 at one of the only 20 shops the EPA licensed even if the bike is the exact same as a US version), pay a import tax, state tax, landing duty, post a bond worth 1.5 times the bikes value... Really makes you wonder why people dont do research on importing a vehicle before they buy it. A rare bike that was never sold here is one thing, but a Goldwing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (RP Racing)

the problem is Ignorance! If i wanted to buy a bike either from Europe or US i would do a research on prices... Europe has expensive bikes but a huge market to buy it.. US on the other side has cheap bikes... sometimes 1/2 of the European used bike market. I can see some Euro people who want to import a bike from US but the opposite is just crazy*!!!

*We talk about common bikes not English or Italian Classics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (GregP)

Hardly,

Read the fine print! This is only a partial list of what is NOT covered. Notice the bottom line...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is Not Covered under the program?

Regular maintenance and fluid levels.
Normal wear and tear (including but not limited to belts, hoses, tires, brakes, bushings, joints, spark plugs and wires, interior features, minor dents, and paint chips and scratches).
Sending a non-refundable deposit for a vehicle and not receiving the vehicle, or a refund, because you choose to not complete the transaction or pay the remaining balance for any reason.
Rust damage on cars 10 years and older.
Any engine, transmission, or body damage that was explained to or noticed by the buyer, or that could have been noticed upon reasonable inspection by the buyer, prior to acceptance of the vehicle.
Motorcycles, Parts & Accessories, Powersports and Other Vehicles (ATVs, Buses, RVs, etc.). </TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (YellowDesmo998)

Apparently the jack offs at eBay don't consider motorcycles as vehicles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's also possible this guy is doing this on purpose to make a point. Maybe he and his lawyer thought this would be a good way to get eBay to tighten up their program, assuming they could sue successfully. Maybe they have a case? If they were to actually win, what a precedent that would set! Then we'll see if eBay continues to let these BS scams propogate...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ah, the proper reason for our judicial system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: If it appears too good to be true... (SP8)

Internet is a vast and wonderfull place, but Buyer beware. Nuff said....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts