Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally starting to build my SP2. I have missed mine (2001 SP1) since the day I sold it. It was my first race bike back in 2005. I know its slow and outdated, but I'm old and slow too, so its seems fitting to have a bike I want.

I came across a nice deal on a 2003 and bought it. It had a tone of spares, many of which I have sold here to fund my build. Other than waiting for my brake rotors to come in, I think I have everything to get it built.

Since it seems we all like to look at pictures, I will post a few of the build along the way as I have time.

Enjoy (or flame :D)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is that an '04 frame, or did you powder coat the '03 frame?
I can't make this out from the photos.
Very clean though. Mine's a road whore by comparison.
Although she knows I treat her with tenderness. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
neat!

is that an HRC rear caliper mount?
PVM caliper bracket with PVM mini caliper. For the most part it is useless. It will lock the rear up in the wet or if you run off the track, but on the track in the dry, no lock. Which is nice since I do use the rear brake and don't work too much about locking up the rear.

Is that an '04 frame, or did you powder coat the '03 frame?
I can't make this out from the photos.
Very clean though. Mine's a road whore by comparison.
Although she knows I treat her with tenderness. :)
03' frame, bead blasted then put into a vibrating bin with ceramic polishing pellets. Up close its like a satin polish. I really like the way it turned out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OOOOOOOooooo......cooool. I really would like to see that done.
Where did you have that done and how much?
A friend of mine owns performance

They run all the Chromacoat headers and mufflers through the bins. I was there a month back and asked what would happen if I ran some aluminum through it. He said he didn't know so we started Witt he subframe since it had both extruded and cast pieces on it. I liked it so we did the swing arm and frame. Only took an hour in the bin after the bead blasting. Cost was a negligible since he is a friend. Think all told was $75 cash.

Looks good man. The finish on the frame looks interesting. I'd like to see it in person when I get up there.
It's a date! :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you do anything after it was polished? I would hate to have to tear it apart after all that work because it started to oxidize or something.
I rubbed it down with Honda polish is about all. The bike won't see any wet time and is a track only bike. I'll keep an eye on it to see. The last frame I stripped down I had clear anodized to avoid oxidization.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
This is going to be badass Evad. I am sort of in the same boat... Miss the RC! You still have the CBR, right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.