Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Barber this weekend. Can I just pull out the fast idle adjuster to increase my rpms.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but just wanted to make sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: idle adjustment - track (bsi)

hate to seal your thread but what is the normal idle for the RC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: idle adjustment - track (bsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsi »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going to Barber this weekend. Can I just pull out the fast idle adjuster to increase my rpms. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My manual refers to the "fast idle" knob as the choke knob, but I've been told it acts more like an enrichener, of course because it's fuel injected. It also states not to let it run more than about 15 seconds with it out.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, guess I won't then. Strange thing was as I adjusted the rpms on idle adjuster the choke adjuster would go out as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (bsi)

that makes sense, since the "enrichener" also raises the idle....

i've read/heard of guys leaving that "choke knob" out too long and finding their rear pipe cherry red.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Rigor)

Adjust the idle by using the knurled knob on the right hand side of the bike, directly opposite from the choke. I normally set idle around 1500 when the bike is at tempature.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The "choke knob" on the RC51 as refered to by the service manual is nothing but an air bypass valve. It has nothing to do with controlling the air/fuel ratio. The only variable the ECU uses to determine when the engine needs additional gas, only under cold start conditions, is the coolant temperature sensor.
It will not harm the engine to leave it active.
Best option is to use the idle adjustment. This controls the actual throttle bodies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts