Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the VFR list:

Hey that's not just in the city anymore.
I had a interesting experience about week ago on the vfr with a cell phone
abuser.

I live in this little borough. It is small enough that there are no stop lines before the crosswalks at the traffic lights. so I pull up at this one light, I'm in the left side of the left turn lane which is pretty much the middle of the street. My front tire is completely behind the painted line of the crosswalk. My right hand is lightly on the
brake as well as my right foot is holding the bike in the rear. In the right lane next to me is silver grey Ford Crown Vic with municipal plates. I did not bother to register who or what might be driving.

As I'm waiting for the light to cycle, this woman dressed in a expensive business suit steps off the curb on my right side. She is talking on her cell phone, with it held up to her left ear. She looks to her right (away from all the traffic she just stepped in front of) and rapidly starts to cross the street. And she is loud I can hear her talking to her assistant about filing some forms for some settlement.
I tuned her out and looked back up at the left turn only traffic light. All of a sudden, bang the VFR lurches to my left pulling the bars out of my hands and this lady smacks her face on street! The cell phone bounces about twice and breaks into several pieces and I heard her sunglasses crunch on the concrete. She shrieks like a banshee and jumps up only to stumble on her shoes broken heel. Her knees are bloody, as is her left hand along the outside edge and her nose looks pretty badly scraped.

She screams at me "what the F*&k do you think you are doing. I'll have you arrested for Assault. Somebody call 911, this idiot just tried to run me over!"
I notice that She still has the grip of her briefcase in her right hand (but only the grip) and her knuckles are bleeding as well. I also scan the intersection and see a couple of people on the sidewalk now dialing their cell phones.

With my left hand I reach in and cut the key, putting it in my pocket. I turn and look back to make sure that the guy behind me sees that I'm not going anywhere. The guy driving is pounding on the steering wheel laughing histerically. She steps right up to the side of my motorcycle and starts screaming at me "Get the F... off that thing, you Son of a B!tch, Get off that F..king bike NOW! or so help me I'll kill you M...F". But even if I wanted to, I could not get off the bike at that instant because she is so close I would have to knock her down to swing my leg off.

At that moment the silver crown blasts across the street and screeches to a stop. The door opens and this guy in grey slacks and a sport coat gets out. He jogs back across the intersection and pulls the woman back about six feet, getting his body between us. He turns to me and says, "I saw you pull the key, don't move," as he starts to force the woman to walk back over to the curb. I hear the sirens that our cops use to clear intersections, and see the flashing lights in the rearview. He's trying to get her to sit down on bus stop bench, but she just keeps trying to jump up and I guess take a run at me. I put my gloved hands on the tank, still trying to comprehend what is happening.

The cop pulls up behind the guy behind me, and motions that he should go around. When the guy does (still laughing) the cop pulls forward some before he stops and gets out. He's halfway to me, when the woman starts screaming "He hit me with that f....ing motorcycle, deliberately...." then starts sobbing again. "don't move a muscle," the cop tells me and goes over to check her out. He's talking on the radio the whole way over. I see him start talking to the gent that got out of the grey car, they seem to know each other.

About then a second unit shows up. The second cop walks up on my left and bellows,"why are you still wearing that helmet, Take it off. and get off the bike."
"Wait," yells over the guy in grey. The second cop holds up his hand and bellows, "don't move". The guy in grey walks back over to me. "Straighten that front tire" the guy in grey says, and the second uniform backs up a couple of steps.
I pull the VFR bars back to straight and look at the grey suit. He stands over the front tire and looks down a the cross walk paint for a minute. "Okay, put the kickstand down, get your helmet and gloves off and the officer will need your license and insurance." he says as he starts to walk back to the curb.
I shuck the gloves and helmet, put the stand down carefully and start to pull out my wallet.

The cop standing next to me yells over, "what am I charging him with?"
"Nothing, we just need his info for the report and then he can go," says the grey suit.

The woman screams "What, You can't do that, I don't know who you think you are, but I know the mayor and the chief of police, they won't let that manic get away with this!"

The dude in the grey suit says, "I don't know who you think you are lady, but I am the police chief, and I saw you walk into his front wheel because you were too busy on your cell phone. He was not in the cross walk nor was he moving when you fell over his front wheel". At which point she just totally lost it and started bawling like the end of the world was coming.

Needless to say in another twenty minutes I was told I was free to go and given a copy of the incident report form in case I needed to report an damage claim with my insurance company.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, that was scary. Luckily for you the gent in the Crown Vic was a witness and had authority or you coulda been railroaded. You know she'd tried to sue ya.

Hope there isn't much damage. Keep all your docs safe and handy and keep a copy of your recollection just in case.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Idiot on a cell phone (paulst4)

Thats Friggin hilarious! you just made my day
Some people huh?!?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (Kevin313)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kevin313 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, that was scary. Luckily for you the gent in the Crown Vic was a witness and had authority or you coulda been railroaded. You know she'd tried to sue ya.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That didn't happen to me, I'm just passing on the story...I don't think there was any damage - I think she just tripped over his front wheel. I wonder if he was in gear or not, 'cuz if he was, and the clutch popped, he may have run her over too

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Idiot on a cell phone (motoxxx79)

That was great.....life in America, "Its got to be someone elses fault, I'm perfect".

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paulst4 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
She screams at me "what the F*&k do you think you are doing. I'll have you arrested for Assault. Somebody call 911, this idiot just tried to run me over!"
</TD></TR></TABLE>

She wasn't a lawyer I guess, that would be battery not assault.
She could have been charged for assault though, for threatening to kill him if he did get off the bike.

Damn I hate cell phones. I don't know which invention of the 90s was worse...cell phones or reality tv. I guess reality tv, cause atleast cell phones can be good if they are not abused. farking people.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Idiot on a cell phone (jager)

Holly SH1T.....lol....omg some people are just too much....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Idiot on a cell phone (BlackHawk)

Aah, the time honored bump into a car, fall over and play hurt, sue the driver etc.
I tell ya, I'm getting fed up with this country and it's bullshit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (paulst4)

Paul,
As a fellow Boston area resident, I think you know I have a profound appreciation for the story. Pedestrians around here are rediculous and the laws that favor them don't help. For those not from Boston, a pedestrian can basically place a toenail into a crosswalk and they have the right of way, no matter if the light is green or not. Talk about a law gone too far...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (Kennedy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kennedy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Paul,
As a fellow Boston area resident, I think you know I have a profound appreciation for the story. Pedestrians around here are rediculous and the laws that favor them don't help. For those not from Boston, a pedestrian can basically place a toenail into a crosswalk and they have the right of way, no matter if the light is green or not. Talk about a law gone too far...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought it was this way across the country. In a crosswalk pedestrians always have the right of way. They shouldn't walk when the sign says stop, but if they are idiots and do, they still have the right of way. Could be wrong though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See.. Now if the Police cheif was not there you would have been screwed! She would have your entire life and your first born also! I feel you got lucky. Good on you!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Old Fart »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aah, the time honored bump into a car, fall over and play hurt, sue the driver etc.
I tell ya, I'm getting fed up with this country and it's bullshit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
it's not the country it a certain % of the population that thinks that they
can get away with crap like that ..
So you think that sucks ... I used to work with this kid . His g/f at the time was
in an accident ( she caused , unsafe turn into on coming traffic ) missed two cars
hit the last guy who , as it happens , swerved in to her lane to avoid the on coming crazy driver , her car hooks up and bam !!! she nails the poor guy ...
his fault .. wrong side of the road !!! she sues and wins ,,, now a few weeks later
same girl has on a neck brace driving her moms BMW ,,, some one parked in front
of store lays on the horn to let the person inside know hay hurry up ,,, causes her to look and at the same she turns the wheel ,,, bam ,,, hits a parked car ...
well as you know she collects the info from passer bys ,, jots down the plate of the young couple ,, makes a report ,the horn scared her making her turn her already sore neck the pain makes her hit the parked car, sues and wins ..

now those are the ones that need to be dropped in to a lion pit

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: (04749s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 04749s »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hits a parked car ... well as you know she collects the info from passer bys ,, jots down the plate of the young couple ,, makes a report ,the horn scared her making her turn her already sore neck the pain makes her hit the parked car, sues and wins ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

There was a show on A&E on Monday night called "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off". It was a story about this Brit with one of the most depressing afflictions I have ever heard of (I guess his skin isn't attached to his body and every time he moves or is touched his skin bilsters and peels off). For some reason I watched the whole show. At the end I asked myself why the F did I just watch that? ?!?! Well, the point of bringing it up is that I feel the same way about reading 04749s' last post. Disgusting...I think I'll crawl into a hole and never come out.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: (Nick D.)

The sad thing is this does not surprise me at all. I am in sales and drive a lot of miles every week. My #1 passtime is riding my Duc and my VFR. And last but not least for fitness I ride a bicycle and jog. I see more stupid shit that goes on because dumb people yapping on their cell phone than I can to talk about. Surfice it to say I have almost been hit numerouse time, on my motorcycles, on my bicycle and out for a jog. Pull up to to a traffic light and count the people on cell phones. It would probably average 4 out of 5 people. And I hear you about Boston, I go there often. Being from the NYC area where if you step into the road you are fair game, in Boston people step right out in front of you like they have a invisable force field around them. It's completey nuts out there. And oh yeah, cell phones need to be banned from any moving vehicle. But Paul, your story is just too damn funny! But seriously, good thing you had a witness like the chief there and the guy behind you. Speed safely everyone, or at least sit at a stop light safely.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Looks like the Big Guy was looking out for you. Very glad things turned out in your favor.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

what a day uh!! can you hear her now?? LMAO

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Idiot on a cell phone (diablito)

Funniest shit I have ever read. Serves her right. Some permanent scarring wouldn't be too bad, either.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

To protect and serve.

All's well, that ends well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts