Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very good tires,i had a soft front and medium rear and the grip was very good,they felt a little like dunlops, the front was glued to the track and very precise,the rear has more movement than pirellis or michelins it slides around more like a dunlop,the wear seems to be good but i did not do many sessions, i'm going to another track this sunday so i'll know a little more by then,it's a good thing for us track riders to have many good brands of tires cause it brings the price down, as an example 2 years ago i payed about 30% more on a set of tires, try them and let that tire war begin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (livharder)

What track were you on and what times were you running?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (livharder)

I've run BT002s on my last 5 trackdays. I got 5 days out of the front and used 1 rear for 3 days and 2 days on another. The last one the track temp was over 130 degrees so the medium rear disappeared. But, overall I thought they were great.

A few weeks ago an endurance team down here ran an entire 8 hour race on them w/o making a tire change. It was only an SV650, but still very impressive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (Turbo329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo329 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What track were you on and what times were you running?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mosport

He is in the top 5% which would be 1:30's

Good seeing you again Francis, I'll try for Mt Tremblant...

DW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (BMWHP)

hi darren, keep me informed when you are going to ride,we will meet again for sure this summer. great weekend, besides... see ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (BMWHP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BMWHP »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Mosport

He is in the top 5% which would be 1:30's

Good seeing you again Francis, I'll try for Mt Tremblant...

DW</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks,

I'm going to try soft front/rear at my next trackday. They are very reasonably priced. I'm sold. And they got a great review in that roadracingworld.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (dhdrider)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dhdrider »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've run BT002s on my last 5 trackdays. I got 5 days out of the front and used 1 rear for 3 days and 2 days on another. The last one the track temp was over 130 degrees so the medium rear disappeared. But, overall I thought they were great.

A few weeks ago an endurance team down here ran an entire 8 hour race on them w/o making a tire change. It was only an SV650, but still very impressive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

were you using tire warmers? I'm still not sold on race tires because I don't have a generator, or the room to get it to the track.Sso tire warmers aren't an option at this time.
I'm happy running diablo corsas for now, but down the road I'd like to try out a fresh set of dots' I'm pretty fast in the intermediate group, but nowhere near racers times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (Metcalfe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Metcalfe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

were you using tire warmers? I'm still not sold on race tires because I don't have a generator, or the room to get it to the track.Sso tire warmers aren't an option at this time.
I'm happy running diablo corsas for now, but down the road I'd like to try out a fresh set of dots' I'm pretty fast in the intermediate group, but nowhere near racers times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My buddy who has done years of track riding said it takes roughly 3 laps to get them warm and they take a while to cool down completely after a track session.

You should be fine with race tires.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (Turbo329)

I have been a fan of Bridgestones for a few years now. I used a set of 012ss on my RC51 for four track days last year. I hammered on them and they took every thing and still had a little left and I was by no means slow. Started using them on my race bike (ex500) 032 front and 090 pro rear. Front is glue; great grip and feed back and seems to be wearing pretty well. The 090 rear works good on the ex (they don't make an 02 that small). The contingency money is pretty good too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I tried the new bt 02's race tires. (Metcalfe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Metcalfe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm happy running diablo corsas for now, but down the road I'd like to try out a fresh set of dots' I'm pretty fast in the intermediate group, but nowhere near racers times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you are looking for a good generator that doesn't take up much room try this one that some of the guys on the WERA board are selling...$325 for 2,500 watts.
http://forums.13x.com/showthre...rator
http://forums.13x.com/showthre...rator

I love mine since it fits in the corner of the truck bed

I used to use the Diablo Corsas and now I run the Supercorsas. The only reason I run the tire warmers is so that I can charge into the first turn and not worry about the tires sticking...plus on a race weekend every practice lap is crucial for me...

-Tifosi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Best Trackday/Race tire behind the Dunlop 208/Americans.
They are very predictable and overall impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.