Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POS I hate thieves!

[edited]

Some things are better left at home

Modified by BALLS at 1:32 PM 7/18/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I think I have been ripped off! (BALLS)

Well I certainly hope that isn't the case, but it is wayyyy too early to tell too, hell he might of just been at a track day all weekend or at the lake with his wife & family or banging his new 23 year old blue eyed, blonde, grad student non-stop since Thursday

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I think I have been ripped off! (LDH)

shhhh. dont tell him, I was actually banging his new 23 year old blue eyed, blonde, grad student non-stop since Thursday.

But back to subject. It was the weekend. Wait a couple of days and then take action. This is way to early to jump to conclusions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I doubt that and yes it is early. Not the way I conduct business. I sell someone somthing on the net I update them and keep them informed, this is about 100% trust on the net. People like it when they are kept informed. I may require some help from you on this LDH I think you may know him or know of him.

The clock is ticking,,,,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I just got a reply from him, seems he did get the money order saturday but now the box he was planning on using is to small. So he said he had to get a box this afternoon after work and he would ship it tomorrow providing me with a tracking #. So I wait.

I ain't buying anything else over the net after this. Stick with what works, new or nothing.

LDH appreciate the offer for help hang tight it might not be over for a day or two more.

Modified by BALLS at 1:40 PM 7/18/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Threatening people in puiblic is a very bad idea. You wanna beat him? Knock him senseless! For you own benefit though, don't threaten in public. It could get very $$$$$$$$.
gregc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (gregc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gregc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Threatening people in puiblic is a very bad idea. You wanna beat him? Knock him senseless! For you own benefit though, don't threaten in public. It could get very $$$$$$$$.
gregc</TD></TR></TABLE>

Advice well taken and I could remove it but no names have been sent out publicly. So no offense has taken place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (BALLS)

Wow, if your worst experience of buying something from a private seller on the internet was having to wait zero business days for an update, only to find out that you have to wait a single extra day, you are doing pretty good for yourself.

Had this been a business you were dealing with, then I would be impressed, but an everyday person. He looks to be doing a great job.

If I were sent a money order – I wouldn’t do crap until I verified that it is good and then put in into my bank.

I have bought and sold lots of motorcycle stuff over then internet – both ebay and forum classifieds and I have found it easier to deal with people then businesses. I have had 1 bad experience and since I used paypal w/ a credit card, I got my money back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Eddie)

He would not use pay-pal. As for the money order being good, I bought it at the post office at the same time I purchased the priority mail envelope
I don't rip people off! Seems there is alot of this type stuff going on lately, look around. I've sold alot of stuff over the years this being my 1st big purchase. I expect to be treated as I treat others, guess that's to much to ask in todays "I'm to busy world".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (BALLS)

The guy got your MO on Saturday and you heard from him on Monday, early afternoon. That is pretty FN good.
Had he wanted to, he probably couldn't make it to UPS the same day that he got your MO. I know that I don't get my mail delivery until late afternoon and the UPS place closes early on Saturdays and is not open on Sunday. You were calling him a thief before he even had a chance to go on Monday!

BTW – a money order is no better then a personal check if you don’t take precautions. You can call and report it lost or stolen and he would be out $$.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I know the skinny on a money order. I have taken them from as far away as canada from people on this very board. No problems! And I guess you never have a gut feeling about a deal? The last reply I had was thursday before today. Maybe I did jump to soon, I've read enough horror stories to almost expect the worst. I sold a few DRZ parts to a guy in Canada week before last, long story short, UPS screwed up the initial routing, package was lost 2 days in our local terminal. I contacted the buyer immediatley, he was not to concerned but me being the seller felt obligated to stand behind my sell and inform him of the potential screw up. I had sent him a tracking number and it was not showing up anywhere. I was all but ready to send him his money back and deal with UPS later. The package somehow surfaced and all ended well.

We can talk more about this after tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eddie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, if your worst experience of buying something from a private seller on the internet was having to wait zero business days for an update, only to find out that you have to wait a single extra day, you are doing pretty good for yourself.

Had this been a business you were dealing with, then I would be impressed, but an everyday person. He looks to be doing a great job.

If I were sent a money order – I wouldn’t do crap until I verified that it is good and then put in into my bank.

I have bought and sold lots of motorcycle stuff over then internet – both ebay and forum classifieds and I have found it easier to deal with people then businesses. I have had 1 bad experience and since I used paypal w/ a credit card, I got my money back.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Nero)

I think I've been lucky, but I will not buy from a private party with anything but paypal. I hate it when I buy something from person or business, and they don't reply at all. Kneedraggers is the worst, in my own experience, with communicating actual ship dates. Oh, and don't charge me for the three day shipping I requested if it's going to be two weeks before it ships!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts