Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I Think Barros Will Be Racing A Little While Longer............ (SP8)

So this is how the tobacco company get back some of their money they loose when they get sued.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't his family like THE honda dealer/importer for South America? I believe they have huge pockets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (JesseJames)

Alex does come from money. Still, that is a painful amount of cash to have to part with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (bsess)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bsess »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alex does come from money. Still, that is a painful amount of cash to have to part with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yea, I don't care if you are Michael Jordan, no one wants to write that kind of check. That is a huge judgement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JesseJames »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh yea, I don't care if you are Michael Jordan, no one wants to write that kind of check.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny you should mention Jordan. Both he and Tiger Woods don't believe in tipping and make a point of not doing so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I Think Barros Will Be Racing A Little While Longer............ (SP8)

Wow. $3 million!

Barros might have to come race in AMA Superbike to make that kind of money back!

Aw, shit. I had to go there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I Think Barros Will Be Racing A Little While Longer............ (AZ Scott)

What happens if he says phuck it and doesn't pay.........he's not allowed in France? That would be a big loss.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I Think Barros Will Be Racing A Little While Longer............ (Phil 998)

Somebody figure out the the %3.8 on 2.9 million for interest, 21 months retro. No appeal process? Isn't Barros slated for pink slip per Honda's new Youth Policy? Sucks to be him. Then again, money grows on Alex's family trees. That's a lot o greenbacks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: I Think Barros Will Be Racing A Little While Longer............ (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What happens if he says phuck it and doesn't pay.........he's not allowed in France? That would be a big loss.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's basically screwed. The decision rendered by arbitrators is binding to both parties. If Barros refuses to pay, then Altadis will get the arbitration award confirmed in court thereby allowing for the attachement of Barros' assets pretty much anywhere on the planet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JesseJames »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Isn't his family like THE honda dealer/importer for South America? I believe they have huge pockets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep! Them's the ones. I'm sure that his accountants can find a way to make it work out...find $3m worth of tax deductions somewhere so he comes out even.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm sure this was no surprise to him then. It's not like you sign a several million dollar contract which was probably a stack of papers 3 inches thick, then walk on it, without thinking "Hmm, I wonder what ever happened to those Galouises guys..."

He might have thought there was a way out of it somehow but he was still willing to take Rossi's ride with Repsol anyway even if he did get sued.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JesseJames »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you had 1,000 bucks in your account and you got sued for 3 dollars I think you are OK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

couldn't had put it better myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (drsus)

As Repsol were dead keen on getting him from Yamaha, wonder if he may have tied them into paying up if he lost the contract deal? Hell, they'd be real gutted to pay out on a rider they've since let go

1 - 17 of 17 Posts