Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a pair of waterproof boots for touring and commuting duty. They must be comfortable for walking and I'd prefer something as tall as my Sidi Vert IIs. My max fundage is about $150. What would you guys recommend?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a pair of Overboots that pull over my Alpinestars that cost me about $12 I think. They roll up and pack small but work great when it rains.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have narrowed it down to the Oxtar Matrix or the Setup Gran Prix H2O. Any opinions on either of these boots?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (bung)

I got a pair of the Oxtar Explorer from NewEnough Leathers awhile back..$129..very nice waterproof boots...BCM also sells Oxtar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I need waterproof boots (bung)

Alpinestars makes a good boot for the street. I've had a pair of their Stage boots for about 4 years now, always had dry feet. They are not the most stylish/racey looking boots sold but they will keep your feet dry.

And they walk good to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (bung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bung »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After reading this review and subsequent responses, I am now seriously considering the A* Effex. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same boot as the old Stage version with revised hook & loop & a few other style effects. Same old boot tried & tested by yours truely.

When I finally upgrade the Effex will be the one I go with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (BALLS)

Jessica has a pair of Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof boots, and she seems to like them a lot.

I can't remember how much we paid for them, but I'm pretty sure they were around 140 bucks or so. She says they're comfortable walking around in.

As with any boot, however, you're best off trying them on before you commit to buying. I find that Alpinestars (and most other Italian boots) are cut pretty narrow, and if you have wide feet like I do, you just can't wear them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As with any boot, however, you're best off trying them on before you commit to buying. I find that Alpinestars (and most other Italian boots) are cut pretty narrow, and if you have wide feet like I do, you just can't wear them.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn italians cut their boots narrow. if you can't fit an italian boot - try a german one.

unfortunately, the $ is really sucking in comparison with the euro.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I need waterproof boots (bung)

Since you are on a budget and I myself has ran into this problem and needed a quick fix because I wasn't sure of what to buy when looking for H20 boots after a long ride in full rain ??? I brought nothing
..went home and dig out my Vibrant winter boots issued when I arrived in Bamberg, German...so far it has endure three days of full rain in the twisties for about a little under 400 miles and I'm dry plus warm
. I figure any good Army surplus store will have these for cheaper than 150.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Buckelew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buckelew »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn italians cut their boots narrow. if you can't fit an italian boot - try a german one.

unfortunately, the $ is really sucking in comparison with the euro.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Zactly, 11.5 EEEE here, Daytonas are the only boot I can wear.
I can only wear Arais (long oval) and Daytonas.

Could be worse things I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (svmango)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svmango »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Zactly, 11.5 EEEE here, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude... All the primates have those

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the A* Effex at Cyclegear today. Thye ended up being cheaper than any of the online stores.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (Duc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude... All the primates have those
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts