Speedzilla Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Muzzy Raptor replica using the built ZX-9R engine you mentioned. Even though the Raptor had an 850cc engine IIRC and plenty of beans, a big bore ZX-9 would have even more power.

Rather than a Thruxton, how about a '95-96 Speed Triple and prep it like the Speed Triple Cup bikes were done back in the day?

And finally, rather than a Mladin rep from that time frame, how about an '04 ZX-10R race rep like Rog rode back in the day? That gen 1 ZX-10 seems to be forgotten today, but was an absolute monster when it was released.

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
Ok slightly different then the other suggestions.

Build yourself a nice road going Harley. I'm not talking about a big boat of a bike but something like what I did this year. I built myself a Dyna Streetbob.

I've done a street RC51, Race R6, KTM Supermoto, a couple of woods bikes of my own and countless bikes for fellow racers in the region. The Harley was a very unique and eye opening experience.

Unlike the Japanese bikes which the engineering is well thought out and most parts are plug and play the Harley had me doing a lot of thinking and a lot more research to figure out what I had to do to get it the way I wanted it.

I wanted a fun bike for the road that I could take the wife along with. The first hurdle was over coming the barnyard engineering Harley still uses. They are still a cut and splice wiring system. The other other challenge was figuring out what was good and what was garbage for aftermarket parts. Harley has to be the manufacturer with the most after market parts produced and the majority if them are completely useless garbage.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Yoshimura 1340 Big Papa!
I vote for this option, or alternatively, a 2 stroke.

If money is less of a concern, the aprilia supermoto is an option or rs250 last of the yamaha racers.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
The GSX-R 1k, then u will have a true track weapon...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts