Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't get one shipped to my zip code due to the Hurricane and UPS's refusal to insure the hsippers product. Called Chaparral this morning, at first all was okay then they called me back and said they could not ship to me due to the above reasons. Sucks, I need a DID 525VM x-ring 120 links w/ rivet link soon! My current chain has 18k miles on it and seems to be going fast lately with all the use. I ordered the OEM sprockets through Ron Ayers today, recieved a shipping/purchase confirmation today at noon so I assume they will have the parts to me in 7~10 business days as usual. UPS or FedEx list my zip code as one of the affected sites so Chaparral must have read something wrong or just did not want to take the chance on lost merchandise. 880 miles a month commuting takes a toll on a motorcyle in the long haul. My trusty V-Strom has 33k miles on the clock and climbing.

Help! :banghead

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
BALLZ said:
Can't get one shipped to my zip code due to the Hurricane and UPS's refusal to insure the hsippers product. Called Chaparral this morning, at first all was okay then they called me back and said they could not ship to me due to the above reasons. Sucks, I need a DID 525VM x-ring 120 links w/ rivet link soon! My current chain has 18k miles on it and seems to be going fast lately with all the use. I ordered the OEM sprockets through Ron Ayers today, recieved a shipping/purchase confirmation today at noon so I assume they will have the parts to me in 7~10 business days as usual. UPS or FedEx list my zip code as one of the affected sites so Chaparral must have read something wrong or just did not want to take the chance on lost merchandise. 880 miles a month commuting takes a toll on a motorcyle in the long haul. My trusty V-Strom has 33k miles on the clock and climbing.

Help! :banghead
I live in Atlanta....is there anything I can do to help?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LDH said:
Ship it to me in Memphis & I will meet you in Tupelo when it shows up
Then I'll need gas to get to Tupelo. Gas is like gold here right now. Appreciate the offer.:)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roadkill said:
I live in Atlanta....is there anything I can do to help?
Atlanta is like a country away to me right now. In fact I really missed not being at RA this past weekend. Tickets went to waste:mad: Speed TV came through but it wasn't the same as being there live.

Thanks for the offer.:)

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
BALLZ said:
Atlanta is like a country away to me right now. In fact I really missed not being at RA this past weekend. Tickets went to waste:mad: Speed TV came through but it wasn't the same as being there live.

Thanks for the offer.:)
I remember your posts about going to RA and thought about you when we were there. Hope you get your chain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ballz,

What is your Zipcode? City? UPS and other carriers do have a list of "affected" areas. One thing you have to understand is that.... even though your town/city is OK.... the carrier's "base" of operations may not be. I work for UPS (hope the flames do not begin) and we are constantly updating good zips, and trying to get supplies, etc down the affected areas. We and virtually all carriers work on a "hub and spoke" concept. We were not permited beyond a certain point and had to drop off/unload several trailers full of relief/aid items.

Where do you live? I am sure one of us in the South East can get a chain to you. I am about to do a SP2 conversion and need a couple of links or new chain (current 520 chain may have 1000miles MAX on it). I also have a friend that has been making trips to Biloxi all week. He is working down there, etc.

You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] or call me at (334)467-1513 and maybe we can work out some details or perhaps someone closer can help out. My workday is @ 15hrs as we continue to work around the affected devastated areas.

BT

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have looked at the zip code list and no I am not in the range, 39154.

I called Chaparral again last night seems customer service made the decision. I even talked to the UPS delivery guy yesterday, I had some frame sliders coming from Intuitive for my 750 that were delayed from last week. He told me they were operating in this area like the past no problems.

Chaparral is just scared I guess to send anything to Ms., period! Oh well their loss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts