Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RC30 that is, woopeee:rockon

i would like to thank a very thoughtful and kind member, Trussdude:clapper two thumbs up Pat, i owe you one big time bro.

it is a 1990 and i am stoked i can't wait to give this baby a new look, loads of goodies going on her this winter, first thing is going to be a carbon fiber kick stand,haha

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Congratulations. RC30's are like crack; once you get a taste it's a really bad addiction.

I haven't given up looking for a track RC30, either.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i took her for a spin around the block, damn, did i mention damn! she sounds decent even with the kerker slip-on. I found that the front rotors look like they a warped cause the drag is almost like a stop. I am hoping i can mount some brandy new waves or something. I need some mirrors, and lights but i can cross reference those i hope. I am thinking about doing a compression test this winter and i guess i should drain the coolant and put some new 15x50 synth in here.

Oh, i am missing the chain adjustment tool:mad: so i am toast for now. The bike needs some wheels and tires, new brake lines and sprockets, exhaust and a custom paint job(honda silver with black wings) and some TLC. I looked at whai it would take to change the clutch and i nearly shat, not fun it looks like. I was able to make my first carbon piece though, a triple tree cover and i am going to make one for the speedo when i find one,haha.

I was able to get a set of spare radiators, instrument bracket, and a subframe so maybe i can trade for some stuff down the road. The one thing i want most is a rashed or aftermarket gas tank to paint, keep your eyes open.

thanks for your help Gordon look foreward to chatting with you about some mods.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Many RC30 parts like mirrors/turn signals/etc. are still readily available from American Honda. I get my stuff at cost + 10% so if you need some assistance with the more expensive stuff let me know. Service Honda is normally cost+20% on most items but I have seen where bodywork and/or big ticket items are higher.

Chain adjustment tool by itself isn't available but the complete supplemental tool kit (that contains the tool is).

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Gordon:D i would like to find out what other bikes the levers fit so i can get me some aftermarket ones. I see the tool kit, and that will be first along with the new stainless brake lines and pads, any idea where to get a smaller rear caliper, it is huge.

i forgot to leave the petcock on off today and i read to leave it off when i got home, shoot. I guess i should dump the oil and anti freeze this week as winter is coming:mad: do i have to shut the petcock off everytime i ride Gordon? do you install stabil for the winter months and the bike sitting for long periods?

·
Full Spectrum
2,532 Posts
There are a few places that have NOS Brembo + AP rotors for the RC. I used a set in a project a few years ago.

I think Slater bros, and Ferodo may still have some.

Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
mrgrn said:
Thanks Gordon:D i would like to find out what other bikes the levers fit so i can get me some aftermarket ones. I see the tool kit, and that will be first along with the new stainless brake lines and pads, any idea where to get a smaller rear caliper, it is huge.

i forgot to leave the petcock on off today and i read to leave it off when i got home, shoot. I guess i should dump the oil and anti freeze this week as winter is coming:mad: do i have to shut the petcock off everytime i ride Gordon? do you install stabil for the winter months and the bike sitting for long periods?
Leaving the petcock on for a day won't hurt anything; don't sweat it. It's only a problem if the carb floats are not working properly. Shutting the petcock off is just a good habit to get into.

Winter months? In Texas? You're kidding, right? I ride year round here so the bikes never sit up long enough to have to use Stabil.

Here's a pic of Durbahn's rear brake kit:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think he bought the bike from ebay(Va).:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts