Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
obviously Rossi is filthy stinking rich, why doesn't he make his own team? he could wear all the costumes he wants, still ride, have burgess with him along with the rest of the crew.. how is this a bad idea? it'd be like tamada, all alone on a single bike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I just had an idea.. (dj_wawa)

He's rich, but not Michael Jordan rich. Plus he is pretty young to have a team. I doubt he has any team management experience. Right now he's a rider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I just had an idea.. (SP8)

I think running a team would divert his attention from riding. He seems to want everything to be fun & I think running a team wouldnt be fun. I dont know of anybody at his level that have done it - but Mcgrath, Pastrana have done it, as has Pegram I believe. I dont think any of them would recommend it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I just had an idea.. (MATTinMN)

Those guys aren't even close to a MotoGP budget either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I just had an idea.. (SP8)

Maybe Kenny Roberts could give him some friendly advice.....that would be one conversation I would dearly love to eavesdrop in on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I just had an idea.. (roadkill)

have him as the only rider of course, with whoever he trusts running the business of it, and ask whichever sponsors HE likes to sponsor him, who would say no to rossi asking for them to sponsor him? honestly?

only thing I see getting in the way is getting a decent bike, I doubt honda/yamaha/anyone would provide his one man team with any competitive parts, not that it would matter, he could still out ride them on a year old bike right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea he would go from making 38 million a year to spending 25-?? million.

Seems alot less fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (JesseJames)

I think it was Roger Penske who said the only way to make a small fortune racing was to start with a large one.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (dj_wawa)

It reminds me of what Chris Rock said...

"Shaq... is rich. The man that signs Shaq's checks... is WEALTHY." I would guess that a fair amount of wealth is needed to fund a top flight MotoGP team.

Also, on the Jordan note, some friends of ours who run 'round the AMA scene said that Jordan has not had to cough up one red cent... that sponsors have foot the bill for everything and that he simply allowed his name to be used, etc. Take that for what it's worth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, on the Jordan note, some friends of ours who run 'round the AMA scene said that Jordan has not had to cough up one red cent... that sponsors have foot the bill for everything and that he simply allowed his name to be used, etc. Take that for what it's worth.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's a good way stay rich.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts