Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I heard... (Duc)

He wanted a more powerful bike than his current ride.

Does this mean Zemke / Roberts? That sounds wicked.

Who's Miguel's team mate going to be this year?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I heard... (Rocket51)

Miguel and Zemke are Factory Honda.

The cheese stands alone, at least in Superbike.

Little Gobert was, and I believe still is riding Superstock?, and maybe FX for Erion.

Who knows, point is we have KR back, aren't we all excited?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> That Yer mang Kletus...</TD></TR></TABLE>

He ain't my mang.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Zemke / Duhamel are factory team mates? OK, I got that, but Zemke is on an Erion, right? That's like saying Gibernau is Nicky's team mate. Was Bostrom an HRC Factory team mate too? I'm pretty sure he was, but it's all so confusing!

3 team mates on 2 different racing squads? I never did get how that worked last year.

Somebody explain.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I heard... (Rocket51)

Zemke is essentially taking Ben Bostrom's place on the HRC Honda this year, so he and DuHamel are true team mates, i.e. same red paint, leathers, garage, transporter, etc. Kletus will be riding for the team Zemke was on last year. Still factory Hondas, but different team (like your Gibernau/Hayden comparison).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I heard... (AZ Scott)

Except it's not REALLY HRC as I read it anymore, as American Honda won't rely primarily on HRC for work. It seems that Honda has 'farmed' out their U.S. superbike work to the U.S. crew. I'm guessing that being 3rd cousin in line (thus waiting for parts/answers, etc.) behind motogp, and wsbk got to American Honda last year.

It seems a money thing had something to do with it.....I guess the outsourcing deals are finally coming our way!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our favorite whipping boy returns!

Kletus should be entertaining to watch. I wonder what will happen when Yates laps him? Fistikuffs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I heard... (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Zemke is essentially taking Ben Bostrom's place on the HRC Honda this year, so he and DuHamel are true team mates, i.e. same red paint, leathers, garage, transporter, etc. Kletus will be riding for the team Zemke was on last year. Still factory Hondas, but different team (like your Gibernau/Hayden comparison).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks AZ. It'll be good to see Jake in the Red and White. I just hope he doesn't take too many points away from Miguel (My Hero). Kurtis won't.

Sounds like the new Zook is fast. Now if they could just stop the thing
. I hope Matt's OK. I don't want any excuses when Duhamel whips his ass this year!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Like Cletus or not, the fact that he's back is good news... even if it is on a Honda. The 2005 season is shaping up to be more interesting than last year... but lets hope American Honda's "kit bikes" have enough steam/stamina.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I heard... (Tripod-R)

Miguel did a great job last year and Zemke also made huge strides but I expect Kletus to be the fastest (and highest scoring) Honda man this year.

Seeing that Honda decided to place their Superbike racing and development program in the hands of the AMA teams instead of the previous "HRC factory" arrangement, its dissapointing that Yamaha and Kawasaki chose not to do the same thing. Judging by how close the Yamaha and Kawasaki Superstock times were to the top Superbike times both this year and last (not to mention Josh Hayes' performance) it seems to me it wouldn't take too much in terms of factory support (meaning cash) to enable the successful formation and operation of some highly competitive Yamaha and Kawasaki Superbike squads. Really too bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honda will still supply "kit" parts for their HRC supported teams. The "big picture " is that HRC Japan wants to spend lesss of their money here in the US. Quite a few costs have been shifted to the US Honda holding Corp from overseas. Hot Rod superbikes are easy to build. You just need big sponsor dollars and a little help from big brother in the plant.
As far as Kurtis goes I can't wait to see the little asshole light up the rear of his CBR trying to catch Matt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (MacMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MacMan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
As far as Kurtis goes I can't wait to see the little asshole light up the rear of his CBR trying to catch Matt. </TD></TR></TABLE>
trying but failing to catch Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (TBONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TBONE »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">trying but failing to catch Matt</TD></TR></TABLE>

Matt never cares who's behind him. He'll be too busy chasin' Hodgson.

B-B-B-BAAAMMM!!!

But REALLY folks, 2005 is shaping up to be interesting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Matt never cares who's behind him. He'll be too busy chasin' Hodgson.

B-B-B-BAAAMMM!!!

But REALLY folks, 2005 is shaping up to be interesting.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aint that the truth!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: I heard... (SP8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And where the hell have you been? Is it me, or have you been AWOL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Been AWOL. Too much work and travel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: I heard... (bsess)

Thats the most smokin' rear end i've seen since I left my g/f's!

Seriously, with Jordan/Yosh/'Zuke backing Pridmore, the Honda guys + Robert, 2 Ducati's, Spies, Mladin, and Yates, oh, and the M4 team with May, as well as Attack Kawasaki and Josh Hayes, it should be a nice grid of nearly top flight talent.

I'm looking forward to the year.

Oh, those reasons, and the fact that we've had 6 inches of white, cold powder fall from the sky in the past 8 hours!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts