Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although it happens all the time, I still regret that thereis no way to stop this.
Most of the auctions are for items that look like exact replicas being sold by Motogp.com and Marco's own website

I hope everyone is buying stuff from vendors that benefit Marco's family and trust

marco simoncelli | eBay

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Marco

I agree. After Marco's death there were many people out there that wanted M/S t shirts. T-WIZ (t-shirt vendor) of the U.K. said he would not produce any because he felt we would be making money on his passing..... Got to respect that.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I don't if it's either a touching tribute or a low form of exploitation but San Carlo (the snack company sponsoring Team Gresini) slapped huge red #58 on their delivery trucks...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times we live in. Ten+ years ago a bunch of ******** with welders became famous for putting together motorcicles (misspelled on purpose), now, we have hillbillies fishin' with their bare hands... people doing drugs on TV etc....it is a sure and total degradation of the culture and seemingly there isn't much we can do about it but not participate. Money has become the ultimate goal, no matter anyone or anything. It wouldn't be out there if there was no demand for it. Sad but true

·
Registered
516 Posts
Amen!!!

Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times we live in. Ten+ years ago a bunch of ******** with welders became famous for putting together motorcicles (misspelled on purpose), now, we have hillbillies fishin' with their bare hands... people doing drugs on TV etc....it is a sure and total degradation of the culture and seemingly there isn't much we can do about it but not participate. Money has become the ultimate goal, no matter anyone or anything. It wouldn't be out there if there was no demand for it. Sad but true

So TRUE!!!... so sadly true!!! :mad:

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
As you said, this isn't new.

How many Hollywood and music icons have died, particularly not peacefully, and been cashed in. I'm pretty certain that for the next few weeks W. Houston music will be playing everywhere I go and guaranteed there will be a ''tribute'' album coming out within months just as there was an MJ, Amy Winehouse etc. tribute. Hell I'm still waiting for the next Tupac album to come out let alone Elvis'. :cool:

Album, :rolleyes:, yeah I'm showing my age. :p

Not ripping on you, I just think that the best thing to do is to ignore it because it is an industry unto itself.

On another note: are there any celebrities (again Hollywood and music mainly) and more importantly their families willing to have a quiet ceremony these days. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.