Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, at least at 5:45am I do.

We live in a nice quiet residential neighborhood.

This morning I was woken up at 5:45am by the unmistakable sound of a push-rod v-twin with no mufflers. It was idling outside. I wandered to the window and looked outside. The guy was stopped right in front of our house adjusting his clip on pony tail or something.

After he got himself straightened out, he revved the hell out of that pig through first and second gear. Which of course, woke my 2 year old on the other side of the house.

I wanted to kill the bastard.

I can only wonder what my non-motorcycle riding neighbors thought.

Why are some people so damn inconsiderate?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I hate loud Harleys. (Dave)

Use whatever means that's not illegal to find out where they live.

Strap the rattiest, and loudest engine you can find to a chunk of board, and dump it in the back of your van.

Head down to the offender's neighborhood at an appropriate time. Usually early AM for Harley guys since they were up all night, but maybe midnight for this guy.

Rev the nuts off it, no muffler or air filter, run it with premix so it smokes like crazy, whatever floats your boat.

After all the neighbors have heard it, hit the kill switch, and quietly drive away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I hate loud Harleys. (Just Riding Along)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Just Riding Along »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Use whatever means that's not illegal to find out where they live.

Strap the rattiest, and loudest engine you can find to a chunk of board, and dump it in the back of your van.

Head down to the offender's neighborhood at an appropriate time. Usually early AM for Harley guys since they were up all night, but maybe midnight for this guy.

Rev the nuts off it, no muffler or air filter, run it with premix so it smokes like crazy, whatever floats your boat.

After all the neighbors have heard it, hit the kill switch, and quietly drive away.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is much nicer than my spike strip plans.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Dave let's pay him a visit saturday morning when he comes back from the bars. I know a number of RC51's with Satos and Ducs that would put a HD to shame.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I hate loud Harleys. (drthompson65)

Where I am it's car alarms.

I wish I had a little God switch that let me fry them as they sit. Some people have the sensitivity so low that you can't walk by.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I hear them 24-7 round these parts. Doesn't matter where I'm at. In fact, sirens and HD junk is all I can hear when I'm at the crematory with earplugs in and all the industrial blower motors running. They go right past my house day and night blipping away. If one was to nut-up with a high-powered rifle I wonder if the temporary insanity plea would work? Sportbikes are outnumbered 100-1 here. I know sooooo many non-riders that are sick and tired of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I've got a guy on a Gixxer screaming past our apartment virtually every morning like clockwork.... at 3am! Spike strips and sling shots have crossed my mind many times, as well. In fact, he was the inspiration for my earlier squid-related troll posts. I think the nightly sleep deprevation inspired me to type stupid things on this message board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Damn Dave was that your house, I had to piss in the bushes on my way home from the bar!!!!!! Oh wait I have no fruckin hair, sorry my mistake!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave let's pay him a visit saturday morning when he comes back from the bars. I know a number of RC51's with Satos and Ducs that would put a HD to shame.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a fun motorcycle rally in MSP!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why are some people so damn inconsiderate?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I ask myself this every day, as just about every day I get to listen to a similar motorcycle drive by my house at 4:30 - 5:00 in the am.

My bike is not too quiet, but it pales in comparison to one of these Harleys with the straight pipes. And those few times that I roll her out in the morning (typically no earlier than 8:00), I walk it up the street, start it to idle, and slowly cam away from the neighborhood.

It's a strange thing these days ....... I have consideration for the fact that someone might be trying to get a little sleep.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not JUST the Harleys.......I heard PLENTY of the Metric cruizers with straight pipes not only in Daytona but at several of the AMA races when they ride in....
I am even going to get new quieter mufflers for my H-D......I AM GETTING OLD......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Britt)

A while back a jackass friend of my neighbor's saw that there was a patch of water between the two apt buildings I used to live in. After a long night of drinking he rolls up at about 6 am and does full-throttle burnouts on his sportster with no muffs. Naturally, my bedroom window faced the alley between the buildings, which served to amplify the noise like a tunnel. He would do a burnout and then scream between the buildings and then loop back around and do it again.

Well, after about the fifth time his tires must have heated up and had more grip than he anticipated. All of a sudden I hear the tires chirp as they gripped and threw him like a slingshot into the side of the building opposite mine. Bent forks, bent wheel, dinged tank, mangled face... The kicker is that the building manager called the cops instead of the paramedics and they hauled the guy away, bloody face and all, it was fantastic.

Whenever I roll mine out earlier than should be noisy I simply start it and idle it down to the corner, let the oil get around and then idle it until I'm out of the residential area. I hate being woken up by some jackass with a loud bike or car, why would I think others want to be woken up by me?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts