Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I completely stopped worrying about dyno #'s when a 50+ year old guy on an 80hp motard blew past me and my race-prepped 600rr in turn one at NJMP last year. :eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I have a dyno and have learned not to trust most maps made by other folks, with the exception of those at the shop that I trained, Dan, Mike and Bill (the last 3 will know who they are). JD probably falls in that catagory also, but I am going by the quality of his other work since I haven't run across one of his maps yet.

Hell im still runnin the guru_lou_modded map from the other site that was going around years ago. Still runs great and dyno's 128 with a mori airbox and banzai's. do you have an updated map by chance?

·
Registered
122 Posts
No reason to update it - that map was spot on. However, after I got some feedback from some folks about a little off-on throttle hesitation, I did modify it some, but then they complained that they lost some mpg and had to refill after 85-90 miles.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
No reason to update it - that map was spot on. However, after I got some feedback from some folks about a little off-on throttle hesitation, I did modify it some, but then they complained that they lost some mpg and had to refill after 85-90 miles.
Are you willing to pass on your two maps?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You don't expect me to answer that question in a public forum, do you? I would be overwhelmed with requests.

I have offered my maps to Rogue members with the option of getting the maps modified for the member's individual needs (high altitude, predominately street use, predominately track use, better mileage, better diveability, etc.). It's one of the benefits those "elitist pricks" over there get for paying their dues.

Members over here have said that they can get all the same information over here that they can get over there. Of course, that's because most of the information is posted over there on the public side. The "elitist prick" side of the forum has the "secret handshake" benefits side that members don't talk about.:)

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
You probably never will, unless a customer coughs one up. ;) As a rule I rarely share maps. Trading maps like baseball cards just doesn't work, IMO. Too many variables from bike to bike.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. I have a dyno and have learned not to trust most maps made by other folks, with the exception of those at the shop that I trained, Dan, Mike and Bill (the last 3 will know who they are). JD probably falls in that catagory also, but I am going by the quality of his other work since I haven't run across one of his maps yet.

·
Amateur PiG Wrestler
222 Posts
given that you have next to no hp mods (pipes and pc3 don't count for too much), and that dynos read all over the place, i don't see why you'd be pissed..

dynos just spit out an inconsequential number, what's the big deal? do you want to brag to people that a dyno said your bike makes 130hp when you're still getting smoked by modern 600s? if it FEELS slow then you may have an issue, but i highly doubt it is. you're getting your panties in a knot over a stupid formality...
+1 - My SP1 has all the mods needed to perform and she dyno'd at 109rwHP on an Eddy current... I'm still running with an '07 Aprilia that has been bored to 1,100cc AND putting down 145rwHP... we both used the same dyno and same shop...

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
well the bike is going to the shop next week for a custom map

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.