Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago I was blessed with a single channel of pure television bliss. It was as though all of my prayers had been answered. I immediately called my cable company and signed myself up for a package that included this dream date of mine called Speedvision. I was amazed that I could watch WRC, MotoGP WSBK and, yes, even F1 if I was in the mood to watch a parade. This relationship went on for a few years. I was so happy.

Then out of the blue things got all weird. My favorite channel changed her name to SPEED and almost everything I loved was gone. Gone was WRC, with its awesome coverage of the most amazing drivers on the planet. Gone was two wheeled tuesdays. Overnight these wonderful series were replaced with night after night of NASCAR. Ok, I get it. They're cars and they're fast, but they are not WRC. Not by a friggin longshot.

Still... I watched SPEED because they still had MotoGP and WSBK and that I just cannot go without.

Then the other night it happened. They crossed the line. Seriously SPEED... the American Country Music Awards? I'd rather slide down a fifty foot cheese grater into a pool of rubbing alcohol than watch that crap. So, SPEED channel, it is with a somewhat heavy heart that I am calling my cable complany and kicking your worthless ass out of my house for good. You will no long darken my LCD with your Superbiker BS. You will no longer disgust me with your NASCAR game shows or Pinks All Out. We're done. Goodbye. I'll be over at MotoGP.com watching real motorsports.

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
A long time ago I was blessed with a single channel of pure television bliss. It was as though all of my prayers had been answered. I immediately called my cable company and signed myself up for a package that included this dream date of mine called Speedvision. I was amazed that I could watch WRC, MotoGP WSBK and, yes, even F1 if I was in the mood to watch a parade. This relationship went on for a few years. I was so happy.

Then out of the blue things got all weird. My favorite channel changed her name to SPEED and almost everything I loved was gone. Gone was WRC, with its awesome coverage of the most amazing drivers on the planet. Gone was two wheeled tuesdays. Overnight these wonderful series were replaced with night after night of NASCAR. Ok, I get it. They're cars and they're fast, but they are not WRC. Not by a friggin longshot.

Still... I watched SPEED because they still had MotoGP and WSBK and that I just cannot go without.

Then the other night it happened. They crossed the line. Seriously SPEED... the American Country Music Awards? I'd rather slide down a fifty foot cheese grater into a pool of rubbing alcohol than watch that crap. So, SPEED channel, it is with a somewhat heavy heart that I am calling my cable complany and kicking your worthless ass out of my house for good. You will no long darken my LCD with your Superbiker BS. You will no longer disgust me with your NASCAR game shows or Pinks All Out. We're done. Goodbye. I'll be over at MotoGP.com watching real motorsports.

LOL! Very funny post. (if only it were not so fuggen true!) I feel much the same way. Looking into OTA free HD TV and bit torrent and MotoGP.com for all my "needs"

I have to learn the bit torrent stuff....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
"I'd rather slide down a fifty foot cheese grater into a pool of rubbing alcohol than watch that crap."

lol that is brutal. I for one would GLADLY watch ANY show rather than slide down a cheese grater into a pool of rubbing alcohol!

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Just find your way onto Racing Underground and check out Fuel TV once in a while. They got some MX shows, Red Bull Xfighters and random motor stuff. But torrents are all u really need. You don't even have to put up with the retarded US commentators.:woot:

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
at the obvious risk of sounding stupid, how do bit torrents work ???
a beginners' lesson please... or a link to a tutorial would be fine.

50' cheese grater was funny:D

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
at the obvious risk of sounding stupid, how do bit torrents work ???
a beginners' lesson please... or a link to a tutorial would be fine.

50' cheese grater was funny:D
Download a file. Open it and it plays the race right on your PC. Yes, it's THAT easy.;) I'm not sure which program I have, but I'll confirm when I get home. I know everything was free.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Download and install uTorrent http://www.utorrent.com/ as your download application.
You can find torrents here Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The world's most resilient BitTorrent site

Let me know if you can't get it up and running. It's pretty self explanatory and should automate everything you need when installed.

:)

1. Install uTorrent
2. Open a .torrent file from piratebay or whatever torrent site
3. The .torrent automatically opens in the application you installed and starts downloading the file to your computer

That's it!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I gave up tv yrs ago, and by that I mean no cable, satellite or local channels; I still keep a tv for movies and seasons WSC and IOMTT reviews. The odd post about speed and how far it has fallen from the once quality channel that speedvision was and still is in many memories keeps money in my pocket. Thanks for the entertaining, informative and decision-affirming post. :notworthy

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If someone could send me a racing underground invite, i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Last Sundays Car Crazy marathon was brutal. I've watched about 20 minutes of that guy and that was all I could stand. The way he gets up in your face with that "warm n fuzzy" smile about makes me puke:banghead

·
Registered
239 Posts
if anyone could score me an invite to racing underground i would much appreciated. I am done with fuggin speed tv as well. bunch of belt buckle wearing cowboy hat wearing nascar junkies running that shit network....

·
Registered
342 Posts
a bit torrent is a bit different from a standard download, where it all comes from one source. So, instead of having to download say 1gb from 1 site, you are now downloading 1mb from 1000 people or something (or however you many people are seeding the file)

At least that's my understanding, if i'm way off, I apologize

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Last Sundays Car Crazy marathon was brutal. I've watched about 20 minutes of that guy and that was all I could stand. The way he gets up in your face with that "warm n fuzzy" smile about makes me puke:banghead
Haven't had SPEED for over 2 years ; pathetic waste of time . Yeah the Car Crazy host is creepy (but rich) , with much sugar in the tank ! Perhaps a former Catholic priest .;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts