Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody on hear that is close enough to Rhode Island to go check out a bike for me? I am watching one on ebay and would really like to have someone help check up on the legitimacy of everything before I send a big ol' check across the country.

Thanks,

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I could use some help... (1up5dn)

I wish I could help, Chris, but I'm about 8 hours away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I could use some help... (SP8)

According to his profile, it is Little Compton. I can email him and see where he is exactly.

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I could do it. That's like a 1 1/2 ride ride from my place. It's warm enough to ride. I'm just waiting on a exhaust hanger coming in betweeen today, and Tuesday. Let me know what you want to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thank you so much for the offer. There is still almost 6 days left on the auction. I will email him and see when he is available. What days would be good for you?

Feel free to email me if you wish. [email protected]

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I could use some help... (Chuckles)

Chuck, I knew I could count on you if it were closer to you. I appreciate it, too. Ironically, another bike I am watching is in Schenectady, NY, but I am less serious about that one.

Are you getting any good weather to break in the new bike yet?

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm free Monday, and Thursday in the morning. Free all day Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. Saturday may change. This dillweed may be getting fired. So I'll be taking up the slack as usual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

He has emailed me his phone number and I will be contacting him soon. I will find out what days are good for him. He says he works the weekend so Monday might be the day. I tried to email you but it was returned as undeliverable.

I will take care of your gas and what-not. Let me know where I can send you some money.

Thanks again,

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The bike you are looking at is nothing special. It is just a clean stock 888. It is over priced that is why it has no bids on it. Look up the value in blue book it is like $2000 lower valued than the asking price. But it does look very nice and clean though.
T.H.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: I could use some help... (desmodork)

KBB puts retail at $8440, wholesale is $5765.
His opening bid is $6500, but we don't know his reserve.
Looks good to me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well, it looks like my enthusiasm has all but killed. I misunderstood what this bike was exactly. I thought it had some things that it doesn't. It is very clean and would be a nice addition, though. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

You can check it out for yourself, ebay item number 4539517430.

I really appreciate everyone's offers for assistance.

Thanks again, SP8, if you ever need anything from out my way just let me know.

Chris....

Modified by 1up5dn at 9:40 AM 4/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Im close to Schenectady.
If you need me to take a gander get the info and set up a time.
I need address so I can decide wether Ill go with a friend or I wanna bring the AR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: I could use some help... (Busamouse)

Busamouse, thanks for the offer, but that auction already ended. That was a 748S Senna edition, but I wasn't really all that interested in that one. I was really much more interested in the 888.

Chris....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1up5dn »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks again, SP8
Chris....</TD></TR></TABLE>
No prob...... I love helping fellow bikers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts