Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called three places and all three of them were sold.

I found one last week and somebody got there the day before I did and pulled the rug from under me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:banghead

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Try finding rare bikes in Canada ! They're sold as you're reading the new ad ! :banghead

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
What year are you looking for??? my friend Tym has a 91 or 92 4 sale...
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
I called three places and all three of them were sold.

I found one last week and somebody got there the day before I did and pulled the rug from under me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:banghead
Must be ZX7 love fest time; I've been keeping my eye out for one too.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Just for clarification for everyone, I assume we are all talking about the '91-94 ZX-7R homologation special and not the normal ZX-7 of the same period, correct?

Single seat, hotter cams, flatside carbs, close-ratio transmission, aluminum fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The older ones are more exotic for sure but I like the last manifestation of the bike.

Anyhow, I got lucky and I'm picking up this SUPER CLEAN 2002 this weekend.

I'm giddy.

:rockon

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Man, I love that bike! Wanted to get one when I graduated school and after 4 hours at the dealer, they declined. :(

I love that size and feel for a sportbike, instead of the tiny crap we have today.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Even cooler are the earlier ones with the snorkle tubes running through the top of the tank. I can still remember Motorcyclist decribing the bike
"about as subtle as Dolly Parton in a string bikini":p

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Kawi green one is definitely cool, but I would have had a hellva time passing up the red zx7 that sitting next to it in your pics........Very cool bikes......

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, I love that bike! Wanted to get one when I graduated school and after 4 hours at the dealer, they declined. :(

I love that size and feel for a sportbike, instead of the tiny crap we have today.
Exactly! I LOVE the feel of the bigger (portly) bikes. Love it.

My next choice was the 2002 ZX-9R. In that Gold they came out with that year.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Kawi green one is definitely cool, but I would have had a hellva time passing up the red zx7 that sitting next to it in your pics........Very cool bikes......
They sold that one just before I showed up. It went cheap as it had some cosmetic damage. Mine is pretty much MINT and it still has the rear fender for goodness sakes!!!

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a special affinity for this model year as this was the year I started seriously watching racing. Eric Bostrom was my favorite racer and I remember screaming at the TV for him to beat Mladin and Hayden who went on to win AMA Superbike that year after a mechanical failure that Bostrom had at Mid Ohio.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts