Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dave said:
Oh, now I really didn't need to see that.

Apparently, this was designed by the master himself.....Massimo Tamburini.
I feel the same way. A real seat, more fuel capacity, maybe a headlight that works, fenders that might keep the spray down. Put silver rims on it and I'll buy one. I wonder what the actual displacement is, and if they'll bring it to the US.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is a hot looking bike. I understand that it is carburated with a FCR41 rather than EFI. Many nice features and details. I want one.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
This is just a guess but I would say response will show MV that the bike needs to go into production. 8 big ones would be a speculative MSRP, but for that price I wouldn't expect quite all of the top-notch brakes and such as the bike shown here. Maybe an "R" version as shown pushing five figures in price.

Question I would have is whether this bike should be branded as a Husky or MV. Being able to buy into the MV name for less than 10k might be attractive, even if a supermoto is not a typical genre for the brand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fenders (mudguards) like these?

Dave said:
Oh, now I really didn't need to see that.
Apparently, this was designed by the master himself.....Massimo Tamburini.
Has anyone seen a front fender and/or rear hugger like these sold for supermotos? They are much more effective for street use, and I want some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Morning folks,

The bikes are gonna be built, for sure. Will be badged as a Husqvarna, $9,995 is the price for America. I'm guessing the MV factory might be involved somehow but not for complete production, maybe a few components or a few aspecs of the build will be done at MV but not much. Husqvarna will be responsible for almost all of it, there are also a few Cagiva factories that can pick up the slack. Because Tamborini desighned it, it is possible that Husqvarna will be responsible for everything up until finale assembly, then MV ties up the lose ends under the watchful eyes of Castiglioni & Tamborini and then they ship out. I'm not exactly sure how they are going to orcastrate{spelling?} the build but they ARE coming! Start saving now, 10k is alot of scratch!.........Worth it though, look at the damn thing!....Looks like an F4 for the hooligans! Fantastico!

Respect,

Firebreathingdog

P.S. Another possibility is if Cagiva wants to come back to the states, they may use the Mito 500 supermono & this new freaky bike to get reaquainted with America. I am just guessing here but Cagiva IS flirting with a return to the states and I know that this bike WILL NOT be an MV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
backdrifter said:
So how will BMW's bid to buy Husqvarna affect this project?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196215

Backdrifter,

The Italians move quikly dont they? If Cagiva gets rid of Husqvarna then this bike will be a Cagiva. All R&D has been done at CRC, it used to have an MV emblem on it but they thought better of it. MV is at maxximum capacity, they cant make any more bikes then they are now so its gotta be a Cagiva. If Castiglioni wants to get rid of Husqvarna, its problably because he wants to build more bikes with the Cagiva name on them. But then again, Its the Italians! Who knows? Ive been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. I wonder what all this talk of selling Husqvarna is about, I wonder whats really going on.

Nice chatting with you, be well and keep it between the hedges,

FBD

P.S. Castiglioni has serious racing intentions in 08, maybe he's sacrificing Husqvarna to give him the $$$ to race?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I have to admit, it may be preconceived notions and prejudice, but I would be much more likely to buy that bike if it was under the Husqvarna name than the Cagiva name. Oh well, I probably can't afford it either way!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.