Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a new Husky SM for this year, anyone have any input? I have to admit I don't know much about the brand.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (K-T-M)

Troublemaker!

You're just trying to get me and bikefrk to fight, aren't you?

He and I had the same model street legal Husky supermoto. I gave mine over after I switched to racing a YZ... I wish I had bought a Husky race bike instead.

Bikefrk sold his in disgust, and spits on the ground every time he hears the name Husqvarna.

Between you and me, Bikefrk goes through bikes like Michael Jackson goes through cub scouts. Don't tell him I said that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Personally I like Levi's over the Husky's, but what do I know?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (Gerg)

I prefer my girls Husky.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Bikefrk sold his in disgust, and spits on the ground every time he hears the name Husqvarna.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not quite true. I spit on the doorstep of Fast By Ferraci. No parts support at all. I am two years out of Husky ownership now so I don't feel that I am going to be qualified anymore about Husky parts or service support.

My local dealer went out of business because of himself, not because of any of Husky's actions.

I loved my Husky. That was the most fun bike I ever had for the street. I wish that I could have kept my WR400 and made that into a supermoto bike. It had hella more grunt than the Husky did, even though it sacrificed a lot of displacement. Totally different machines though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K-T-M »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm considering a new Husky SM for this year, anyone have any input? I have to admit I don't know much about the brand.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can do the basics like the valve adjustments yourself I say go for it. If you have a local dealer for parts support do it. Buy a years supply of oil filters from FBF and then you won't have to deal with them until you bin it.

Husky has some sexy bikes on the dance card this year. Bunch of tarted up tramps that like to be rode hard and put away wet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (bikefrk)

I'm seriously considering the new SM610S.

It looks like a safe, practical, fuel efficient commuter.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (Dave)

Love the look of the Husky SMs!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (banda)

When my bike comes in within the next three weeks I should be able to tell you something about the '05 SM510R. All I can tell you about right now is my impression of the '04 SM450R.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (Eric Landstrom)

Hey, another MN guy! Welcome!

I'd like to hear what you have to say about the Husky. I'm actually heading to Heinen's tomorrow morning.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yup, here in the Tc. Have I met you around town?

When you go over to the Husky dealer tell Paul that I said hello if he is around. He'll start thinking I know everybody into Supermoto in the state.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup, here in the Tc. Have I met you around town?

When you go over to the Husky dealer tell Paul that I said hello if he is around. He'll start thinking I know everybody into Supermoto in the state.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know that we've met, although it is certainly possible. See you at DCTC this spring!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

We've likely already seen each other out at DCTC.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I'm sure that is possible. I have a Yamaha WR250F that I ran out there twice this past summer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I was running the green squid plated Zx-9R.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will let you all know how I like my SM 450R as soon as I put it through its paces....I am waiting for paperwork to finish so that I can title it. :)

Coming from a DRZ, I expect to be very happy with the performance AND reliability based on things I have heard from a few UK and Aussie riders on different boards. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Dave:

Quote "I'd like to hear what you have to say about the Husky. I'm actually heading to Heinen's tomorrow morning."

Um, is there something that you might be keeping from us? Are you getting motarded?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (sparky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sparky »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave:

Quote "I'd like to hear what you have to say about the Husky. I'm actually heading to Heinen's tomorrow morning."

Um, is there something that you might be keeping from us? Are you getting motarded?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm already severely motarded. I'm just looking to find something to run on the street as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Dave and Eric,

I'll be picking up my SM450R from Heinen's on the 15th of April. I am sure I will see you both out at DCTC.

As far as feed back on the 450, I couldn't quit grinning for two days after riding the demo bike last November.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Husqvarna feedback? (MonstaS4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonstaS4 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dave and Eric,

I'll be picking up my SM450R from Heinen's on the 15th of April. I am sure I will see you both out at DCTC.

As far as feed back on the 450, I couldn't quit grinning for two days after riding the demo bike last November.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 20 of 32 Posts