Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Hurry up and get your Yamaha M1... (rc51999)

For 60,000 Euros (which is 74,025.20 us dollars) it better have more power than 180-190, that's almost what the R1 has.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hurry up and get your Yamaha M1... (backlash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backlash »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For 60,000 Euros (which is 74,025.20 us dollars) it better have more power than 180-190, that's almost what the R1 has.</TD></TR></TABLE>

IF it is produced, they said it will have a street legal exhaust. I'm sure there will be a couple of other things 'choking' some power out of it. A full blown Ten Kate Honda 1K is in the same price range I believe and has 190ish HP. You have to look at the whole package (ie. suspension, exclusivity, etc.) not just the power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

You have some valid points. Is the Ten Kate Honda avail in the states? I doubt this will make it to the states. The Rossi designed R6 is only avail in Eur isn't it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backlash »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have some valid points. Is the Ten Kate Honda avail in the states? I doubt this will make it to the states.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I read somewhere you can send them a stock 1K and have them do it up or purchase one complete from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If they are only making 50, you can bet they are already sold and paid for!

I am diggin on that Triumph 680R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rc51999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read somewhere you can send them a stock 1K and have them do it up or purchase one complete from them. </TD></TR></TABLE>
That's cool, for how much though? The whole left side of your body?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (GoodKnight)

I'm too busy working to save up to buy my M1, I don't have time to bother with Al right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (rc51999)

The site probably got overloaded
To many people thinking "I could have an M1 in my garage!!! :drool:"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backlash »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That's cool, for how much though? The whole left side of your body?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

19,500 Euros plus the cost of shipping (about $24,000). Figure $10,500 for the initial purchase of a stock 1000RR(i didn't look up MSRP, so whatever). I'd imagine you could either buy one in the UK and try to get it imported or buy one here and pay for shipping both ways. It's gotta be at least $1500 to get a bike shipped across the Atlantic, but I'm just guessing. So lets say you buy a 1000RR, ship it to Ten Kate, spend $24g's getting it "upgraded" and spend $3000 shipping the bike. Total cost $10,500 + $24,000 + $3000 = $37,500. Not too shabby, especially considering everything that a Ten Kate CBR comes with. Check it out at http://www.tenkateracingproducts.com

If you could actually do everything above, even if it costs an extra few thousand, you're still in the same ballpark as some of the Italian ultra-exotics (i.e. MV Agusta F-4 Tamburini, Benelli Tornado Tre L.E., ect.). I always thought one of the cool things about motorcycle racing, was that, for the most part, the bikes that the pros ride, aren't out of the reach of the average (ok, rich
) person.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by backlash »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For 60,000 Euros (which is 74,025.20 us dollars) it better have more power than 180-190, that's almost what the R1 has.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A R1 might make 180hp at the crank, but definitely not at the rear wheel. I didn't get to read the article, as the site is down, but I'm pretty sure on a street legal M1 that HP figure would be referring to 180-190 rear wheel horsepower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Hurry up and get your Yamaha M1... (Wrist Rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wrist Rocket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A R1 might make 180hp at the crank, but definitely not at the rear wheel. I didn't get to read the article, as the site is down, but I'm pretty sure on a street legal M1 that HP figure would be referring to 180-190 rear wheel horsepower.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
The article said 180-190 bhp, brake horsepower. I thought that was the same as crank, which is kinda useless except on paper. Whp (wheel horsepower) is what matters in the "real" world. So is BHP the same as WHP?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

For those that can't see the link, here is a portion of the article. There is a small portion missing from the end though:

"Yamaha M1 S. This is our estimates: -Price: at least 60.000 Euros (based on what Ducati demands for their V4 Desmocedici) -Weight: we estimate between 160-175kg depending on how much extra weight a street legal exhaust system and headlamps puts on the bike. -The radial brakes might not be the Brembo's on a final version, but they must outperform the current Summimoto's. -For such an asking price we expect carbon or other super lightweight material in the fairing. -The air intakes and the most powerful Yamaha in line four ever should easily achieve the 300 km/h (180mph) mark -The engine should get at least 185-190 Bhp or more and 990cc. -Expect less torque than a V4, but still more than all current 1 litre bikes. -Top of the range suspension. -Chassis virtually the same as Rossi's M1. -The most extreme in line four ever to have been made street legal. -Highly limited edition of only 50 bikes (based on it being made for Yamaha's 50th anniversary). Words: Tor Sagen. Pic: Ioannis Ragias"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.