Speedzilla Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (Southern_Cross)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Southern_Cross »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Whoa easy there big cat. I was just having a little fun with you. You know...joking, by the way, that would be what these ment ---->

Oh.
Then uh...

Anyway, it's just a motorcycle forum, might want to lightin' up just a little, Nancy.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're probably right, I'm dying of bronchitis right now. (not really dying, per se; just feel like it), humor is lost on this one (me).

Oh well, maybe I'm wound up a bit tight, but these meds and the coughing, and my dog running through poison ivy or oak (unbeknownst to me) and then crawling into my bed at night. I almost can't take it.

Maybe I'll write rap songs about it. (if you can't make fun of yourself....)

Phuck it, you're all still bigoted, red-necked, retards!!!

j/k

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Im not that into music, like it but thats as far as Ill take it but i have to wonder...do the people here have as much hatred towards the groups of the 60-70's where drugs were highly glamerized...after all, drugs are one of the main reasons the drive bys happen, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (JamesP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesP »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmmm ....... ummmmm.

Damn, I can't think of a single thing to say in response. Either I'm not smart enough (which is entirely possible), or your post makes no sense to me whatsoever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's too bad you don't get it, because it was funny. In fact, it's even funnier becuase you don't get it. The fact that you don't get it means it was right on the mark, and not a cheap shot.

It must be a scary world for people like you... having to be suspicious and wary because of the things you don't want to understand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Re: (gk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gk »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not that into music, like it but thats as far as Ill take it but i have to wonder...do the people here have as much hatred towards the groups of the 60-70's where drugs were highly glamerized...after all, drugs are one of the main reasons the drive bys happen, etc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No one drove over and shot up the guys house that was selling lids out of his moms basement.

We had Drugs in the 60's and 70's but we were too stoned to drive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It must be a scary world for people like you... having to be suspicious and wary because of the things you don't want to understand.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not true. I do want to understand how people could be "entertained" by performers like Ludacris (and numerous others).

And I shouldn't be "suspicious and wary" about people that, through their music, want you believe that you face problems and conflicts with a 9mm? (Or a Glock or a Mac10. You can find all the references you want in the genre that we're talking about).

I do think that it can be a scary world, you're right about that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (JamesP)

Here's my take:

SOME rappers (not all) write and perform compositions that tell stories of gang life, violence, misogyny towards women, drug use, incarceration, and the duality of the sqlaulors and opulence of urban minority communities. It's a genre.

Marty Robbins (a motor sports enthusiast) made his name decades ago writing and performing songs about wild west criminals, their drinking, their murderous sprees, and the horrible ways in which they died. My dad loved that stuff, and I grew up listening to it.

Thinking that rappers are automatically gangstas is like thinking Marty Robbins was a gun toting cowboy desperado. It's confusing the subject of the art with the character of the artist.

For the record, I listen to rap. Violent gangsta rap. And I like it. I also listen to classical music, speed metal, disco, bluegrass, electronica, jazz, new age, glam rock, bublegum pop, college alternative, blues, and music concrete.

To me, people who claim an aversion to any particular genre of music without having really listened to it are like people who claim claim to not like sushi despite never having tried it. Their closed minds are holding them back. Rap is good. Raw fish is good. Some of us know these things. Some of us don't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's my take:

To me, people who claim an aversion to any particular genre of music without having really listened to it are like people who claim claim to not like sushi despite never having tried it. Their closed minds are holding them back. Rap is good. Raw fish is good. Some of us know these things. Some of us don't.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Violent gangsta rap is good for you. You state something that's totally subjective as fact. That's not good. Most of us know that, some of us don't.

It's true I don't listen to 'gansta' rap. It goes without saying that if that's what you are into, have at it.

To suggest that I have to listen to it regularly to have an opinion about it, well I think that's wrong. Nowadays it's so mainstream that I get more than enough exposure to it to form my opinion that it does exactly what I suspect it does ........ perpetuate a unhealthy, self destuctive lifestyle that glorifies and glamourizes drugs, guns and misogyny. (BTW, not trying to be a jerk, but "misogyny towards women" is a redundancy. Just trying to help .......)

You're right about one thing though ........ I never put a piece of Sushi in my mouth. Why? Because I hate Sushi.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (andito77)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andito77 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Phuck it, you're all still bigoted, red-necked, retards!!!

j/k
Andy</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah so?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andito77 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You're probably right, I'm dying of bronchitis right now. (not really dying, per se; just feel like it), humor is lost on this one (me).

Oh well, maybe I'm wound up a bit tight, but these meds and the coughing, and my dog running through poison ivy or oak (unbeknownst to me) and then crawling into my bed at night. I almost can't take it.

Maybe I'll write rap songs about it. (if you can't make fun of yourself....)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like that really sucks! Here's to a quick recovery!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (drsus)

"Thank you. I'd like to thank my sponsors, Ludacris, I-20, Shawnna, Lil' Fate, and especially Tity Boi".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (veloce)

People that use the phrase "jumped the shark" have jumped the shark.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by veloce »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Time to quit and look for something else. Moto GP has jumped the shark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">People that use the phrase "jumped the shark" have jumped the shark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good call.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.