Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (Just Riding Along)

people, please! cant we all agree here that ANY extra publicity for motoGP, be it from rappers, movie stars, ancient brit rockers, or paris hilton, is gonna be a GOOD thing? Even if you dont like ludacris (I'm not a huge fan) you have to admit that he is doing more to support GPs that any US-based motocycle group or individual (other than kenny roberts, and he's based in england anyway)

lets not look a gift horse in the mouth here

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (Dezmo)

It's probably just a phase for Ludacris and just another snapshot moment for his PR crew.

Now, can we get back to the real issue - Who's oldest around here

Cheers -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (sp2pilot)

Just thinking... I didn't see this kind of objection when Jordan got involved in AMA. TO the people who hate Ludacris' move, what's the difference?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (Cafe_Racer)

I just read the article in Forbes, regarding MJ getting into AMA, and for my
I would suspect that MJ will be around longer and more of a positive influence than Ludacris. Now I have no illusion that MJ isn't doing this out of the goodness of the sport but also to help push his line of clothing.

In the end, I would like to see MJ and L help bring more into the sport and not turn it into a circus. Only time will tell.....

Cheers -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cafe_Racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would it be different if it were Kid Rock? </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah, the bikes would be painted like the General Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey if they want to put their millions into a financially struggling motoGP team, i say good for the sport! But if this means the whole posse will start parading down paddock avenue, MJ, kid Rock, etc. like they OWN it, i hope they don't let this sport turn into another WWF. This is motoGP, not just your "flava of da week".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dezmo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah, the bikes would be painted like the General Lee
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL! effing red neck's!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cafe_Racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would it be different if it were Kid Rock? </TD></TR></TABLE>

No - I wouldn't expect him to stick around for long either..... And for the record, I get a kick out of his music.

LeRacer - You hit the nail on the head.

Cheers -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think the sport is al ittle bigger than a bunch of stars acting like they own it. This wouldn't be the first time a star walks on the tarmac with the racers, only difference is that this time they are American stars instead of European like they usually are. The paddock always has someone there that is famous and a huge star in Europe, bigger than MJ, KID ROCK or Ludacris. The point here, which seems lost on some, is that these are American stars, they will not be treated any differently than MJ, or Ewan McGregor, or Barriquello, or Schumacher (the biggest name in Europe or the world)......the difference will be that MAYBE this wil get Americans attention and thus get MotoGP some publicity because NO ONE here knows about MotoGP NO ONE! only some bike riders, the sport needs exposure here and that's all that I would hope this stupid Ludacris thing will do. I guarantee you that the Ludacris thing will not make nearly the buzz that MJ or Schummy/Barrichello did in Europe, but i'm hoping it will be a big buzz here, where it matters.

kind of arrogant to think that just because suddenly some American rock stars might show up, that suddenly they will take over a paddock that is constantly visited by plenty other stars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (drsus)

Great! How long before there are scuffles in the pits like the NBA and shots ringing out in the stands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (uncle spooler)

Man, some of you guys remind me of that bergis guy in the 'black nascar' mp3

grab a crowbar, pry open that mind a little bit, and be happy ANYBODY from the US is supporting GPs and drawing more stateside attention. If you dont like ludacris, dont buy his CDs. If you really think a few rappers are gonna turn the GP pits into south central LA, you really have a lot to learn.

Altho nobody on here will admit it, I think the root of most ppls issues here boils down to racism, which is about as lame as you can get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dezmo »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Altho nobody on here will admit it, I think the root of most ppls issues here boils down to racism, which is about as lame as you can get.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, that didn't take long, did it?

Give it a f*cking rest! It's not about race. Why do you think everyone here seems to be happy Michael Jordan is involved in racing if it's a race issue??? It's about attitude!

And no, I don't think I want to see Kid Rock in the paddock, either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't realize that Kid Rock was only 4 feet tall.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.