Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (drsus)

Of all the bullsh!t "musicians" currently making far too much money.

I happen to like Ludacris

Mooove Bitch

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey, if it gets more attention to the sport here in the US bring it on, right!?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen to that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey, if it gets more attention to the sport here in the US bring it on, right!?
</TD></TR></TABLE>Yup

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (TBONE)

Are we reacting to this because we think he is somehow unworthy of supporting our sport?

More mainstream, high-profile money in MotoGP? Yes please. More US money in MotoGp? Yes Please.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (Cafe_Racer)

Total waste of money... This whole stunt will be less than a flash in the pan when the V6 project doesn't even get on the track

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cafe_Racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

More mainstream, high-profile money in MotoGP? Yes please. More US money in MotoGp? Yes Please. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, this is mainstream? Damn I am so phucking old

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (sp2pilot)

And I quote

"When they arrive in the paddock things are going to change, it will be fun! The music industry already has a strong racing sub-culture so I think this will be a huge success all round, along with our US partner, Elusive Inc, we have broken new ground in the MotoGP world by bringing both Entertainment and Motorsport together."

What an unadulterated crock of shit. A strong racing sub-culture, yeah right, what like the Fast and the Furious. Just what Moto GP needs is a party in the paddock with some dumbass that is paid ten thousand times what he's worth talking trash. Mike is right, when the V6 with their no name riders are circulating around in last place, we'll see how long the money and the parties last. I'm betting not long.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn, this is mainstream? Damn I am so phucking old
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You were expecting maybe Bob Segar would put up some cash?

Or how about this!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (Rocket51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You were expecting maybe Bob Segar would put up some cash?

Or how about this!?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well at least **** and the boys are known world wide, Sell billions of CD's and probably don't carry weapons

Dam I'm old

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Y'all are a bunch of old grouches. Seriously.

Ludacris sells millions of records and has millions of fans around the world. Simply becaucse you still buy Phil Collins albums is no reason to ignore his popularity (I'm not going to get into a conversation about the merits of your music vs. mine).

There is a racing subculture. It doesn't exist the way most of you think it should, but it is there. F&F was only possible because millions of young people could support it with their pocket money. Yeah, it means that there is a loud shitty exhaust on every Honda Civic you see, but it also means that the JGTC came to the USA for the first time ever. D1-GP also came here.

With MotoGP, the more mainstream money we see, the more, "Torque"s the studios will release and the more morons on R1s there will be, but also think about the benefits: A permanent place on the MotoGP calendar, perhaps a WSK race, more teams in AMA Superbike, better funded and more available amateur races and track days, better advocacy and awareness, etc..

Again, this is only a bad thing if ou have some kind of elitist attitude where only those that you deem, "worthy" are allowed to participate in the sport we love.

Get over yourselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cafe_Racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Y'all are a bunch of old grouches. Seriously...</TD></TR></TABLE>

And if you make it this far, you can be a grouch, too.

(I never thought I'd hear a BMW rider calling me old!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cafe_Racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get over yourselves.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah right.

"When they arrive in the paddock things are going to change, it will be fun!"

So now they can't be part of a fan following, no they have to try and be the center of attention and change things. Well phuck them I say, the sport doesn't need a new image and it doesn't need their money. Didn't I just read that the MotoGP event at Laguna is going to be the highest attended event they have ever had? Yeah, sounds like the sport is really struggling.
I would much rather see people get into this sport who have a real passion for it and not a bunch of flip flop wearing kids getting killed on R1s that have the ability to change insurance regs and rules for all of us who REALLY do this. Elitist, no not at all, I have done this for over thirty years, it's not some passing fad with me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And if you make it this far, you can be a grouch, too.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Scott You are ancient. You knew dirt when dirt was young

I actually invented dirt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'd give up watching the races altogether if in return I could pay some reasonable insurance rates for a change.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm actually just a puppy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: HUH!? wtf? (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cafe_Racer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm actually just a puppy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, we know.

Of course, I'm waiting for Smitty to chime in here, with all this talk of being "old". When god created the Earth, Smitty was there going, "Uh, okay, you can put it over there. I'm not using that space anyway..."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Sheit, I'm old too. I went to a concert and all I could think was who's that old bald geezer,and what's he done with Peter Gabriel!

Thank god I'll never be old enough to go see Phil Collins.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts