Speedzilla Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow, They look great on there! That exhaust is crap though, I'll send you address and take it off your hands for you.

Oh, and I still need some dimensions if you are able. Mainly just the length from the 90 degree corner to the rear tip and side tip. I'm graduating in December, so I will finally have some time to tinker with things.
Here is a pic for you.
I hope this is what you're wanting.
If not, let me know, and i'll see what else i can do.
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
would you be able to post some measurements of those light assemblies?
I have ambitions of trying to recreate them for a stock tail section.

Is it the subframe rails that limit the lights from being closer to the midline?

Any more pics of how your progressing?

I would really be interested in some day night pics with the lights in function!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Nice work Nick! Super glad you were the one to get these lights that I helped discover, you have really been doing them justice with the complete & proper install and now digital recreation for future replication.

Maybe someday a full line of all the most important HRC parts will be available as replicas to build a full HRC RC to anyone that has the resources to do so, like shelby cobra kit cars for example.

Its been done with the old RC174, and each one of the (6) he sold went for like a half million or so. Wouldn't be unreasonable to do the same with the old VTR1000SP2 if someone cared enough to invest in all the tooling and R&D expense to reverse engineer all the unobtanium parts.

The Joy of Six... (cylinders) - Honda Six - Page 7 - Features - Visordown

Stunna

·
Registered
293 Posts
Working on my own design as well, modeled after the Magical Racing tail and under-tail I got off Simon.

Stuck on the lights - which I have been asking about. ;)

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Duckhunter.
As you can see by the modelling scans, things are happening.
Sorry to have not replied to you sooner.
This project has become a bit of a monster & a labour of time & effort on my part to recreate these the best possible way i can.

Bottom line: I will not produce a product & say it's good enough.
It's either right on the money or it's not going to happen. I'm a little AR like.
This project has become to important to me.
And believe me, you're not the only one asking about this.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am so glad to see that this project is going strong!! I will be the first one to buy a tail or two if they become a reality. What tail dimensions are you using for this project? Are you using stock? Maybe the slightly taller Catalyst Racing version?

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
Working on my own design as well, modeled after the Magical Racing tail and under-tail I got off Simon.

Stuck on the lights - which I have been asking about. ;)

lol that makes a few of us! Have been planning and working for months, all being a learning process with relative failures until recently. :rolleyes:

Mine will be a modified version suited for more of a street application to give the look but not the exact copy.

Also searching for the right LED's to light everything. Also considering integrating some amber LED's for signal light function but not sure about that yet...

Keep up the good work Mondial! looking forward to seeing your result. Will even consider buying whether or not mine are done:D

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The guy that's helping me out with this project does digital 3D scanning.
I gave him 2 ductails to scan, and the pics you see are the end result so far.
He's also helping me with the full replication of the tail lights as well.
I'm hoping to have a first prototype sample by the end of the year.
The idea is to get everything 3D printed as a complete tailsection with the lights.
I asked the guys that i'm working with on this to give me a complete unit that will bolt up just like an OEM ductail.
So, as you can see, i'm putting a lot of time and money into this.
Let's see how it goes.

·
Former RC51 owner
27 Posts
Would be great to get one of these.

With my current aftermarket undertail (not sure what brand), the brake lights and turn signals can barely be seen, and I can't come up with a decent solution.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts