Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HRC throttle bodies with funnels for the Honda RC51 VTR SP1 SP2. What you see is what you get. This is race parts. It wont fit a stock bike. Do your own research about fitment.

NOTE: I have not tested this item myself, but the previous owner said it was in good condition. I cant guarantee it is working.

HRC airbox for the Honda RC51 VTR SP1 SP2. What you see is what you get. This is race parts. It wont fit a stock bike. Do your own research about fitment.

It has a small crack on the left side that has been repaired. One of the quick fasteners to the lid is missing. It is in fully working condition, but don't expect it to be looking perfect.

2000$ including shipping

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Just some honest advice - You'd have better luck if you outlined what you know is required to make this setup work. "Do your own research" won't have buyers chomping at the bit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, but I'm really not sure what it takes to make the TBs work properly. I don't trust the information I find on forums.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
From what I understand the HRC airbox will not fit under any tank other than a real HRC tank due to it's oversized design. I know a few guys that have said HRC tank but I believe they both already have the HRC airboxes to go with them.

Your best bet for selling the box would be to get an OEM tank modified to fit the airbox and sell it as a kit or buy that german guys beat up HRC tank he's had on ebay germany for some time and sell those 2 together. The buyer would have to make a new subframe/subframe mount to accommodate the HRC tank mounting location, but once your that far into it you gotta accept the need to do some 1 off custom part building.

I believe the TB's will fit onto the OEM SP2 intake ports since their size was increased from the SP1 port size. But The OEM heads would need to be ported to HRC spec to take advantage of the oversized TB's increased I.D.
The TB's themselves should fit inside an non-HRC aftermarket airbox if someone were to buy them separately. But the max gains from the parts would most likely not be achieved if they were not installed together.

RC51Stunna

Thank you, but I'm really not sure what it takes to make the TBs work properly. I don't trust the information I find on forums.

·
Registered
14 Posts
long shot

Hi. this is a long shot but worth a try. i live nearby Barber motorsports park. They have the museum there called Barber motorsports park museum. A really cool place. They are always building and buying the rarest of motorcyles. They may just be interested in your parts. Good luck and check them out i spend hours every time I do track days there. Here's a link. Rudi
www.barbermuseum.org/‎

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Thank you ;) do you think they buy stuff?
I would assume that the museum would be most interested in full bikes or specific parts they need for the bikes they are trying to complete for display. Which unfortunately probably won't put the airbox or TB's high on their list of must-haves since the bikes most likely won't be in running condition when they're displayed anyways.

CMSNL.com would probably have a higher possibility of buying your kit parts because they are an HRC parts reseller and offer to buy peoples stock of parts. Normally on a large scale (dealer size) basis, but you never know if they'd be interested in a few rare individual HRC kit bits. Shoot them an email and see what they say.

Stunna

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I know its a very long shot but do you still have this HRC airbox sitting on a shelf & want to sell it?!

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts