Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where i can purchase a set of Genuine HRC reservoir covers from?? All i can find are the fake EBAY ones.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I've owned a couple sets of genuine HRC covers. They are almost impossible to get & you can tell the real ones because the "HRC" is actually on a piece of thin fabric with a very fine almost silken type weave in itinstead of an embroidery type coarse thread stitch.

I might even have a few pics of to show the difference in the real ones versus the knock-offs I'll have to check & see.

The ones Mark sells though are damn good quality even if they aren't original. I've been using his for the last several years http://www.trademarkmotorsports.com/hrc-covers.html

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LDH!!! Actually those are the ones i am looking for from trademarkmotorsports.com. At least those are embroidered. The ones that are on ebay right now are fugly. It looks like a wristband with HRC stamped on it really huge.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dumb newbie question...what are these for? I've seen them on race bikes and never knew. Are they to keep sunlight off the fluid (that CANT deteriorate it) or just to absorb vibration to keep it from foaming? Please be gentile with the flames:confused:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
They serve two functions (well 3 actually)

1. They help absorb spillage in the event of a crash (brake fluid is slicker than snot when it gets on the track)

2. When you do a lot of track laps it is not uncommon to change or top off your brake fluid regularly. When you do this you get a residue of fluid around the cup lip & lid. At speed the low pressure air behind the windscreen causes a vacuum & sucks tiny droplets of the fluid up onto the windscreen & the fluid immediately mars the plastic making it look cloudy.

3. They look fuckin cool :D

·
Clone
781 Posts
I think scott meant the combo of heat and sun and brake fluid take a toll on the part over time. I'll stick my master in the oven tonight to see how it holds up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts