Speedzilla Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Bemused
969 Posts
Finally buttoning up this mod. I was wondering if there's a "logical" way that the mass of connectors fit along the interior left, along the frame? There seems to be a whole bunch, is there anything more than gently squeezing them all in there?

TIA

Matt

·
Bemused
969 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I know I am resurrecting from the dead but some of you guys are still around. Why does Damon say he doesent recommend the kill switch (keyless start) is not recommended if still running headlights? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I can only guess but the switch was never made to run amps the main power wire handles. That is what you do when you remove the key switch (unless you install a relay).

·
Bemused
969 Posts
I know I am resurrecting from the dead but some of you guys are still around. Why does Damon say he doesent recommend the kill switch (keyless start) is not recommended if still running headlights? Thanks!
When he says "running headlights", could he just mean any street bike in general, not necessarily that it's a electrical concern?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm really glad this thread popped back up. I just bought a basic racer harness and wast aware I would lose oil and fuel lights. Not cool

·
Registered
609 Posts
When he says "running headlights", could he just mean any street bike in general, not necessarily that it's a electrical concern?
maybe you are correct? or maybe waldo was more on par? Wish damon was still around! Has anyone done this mod on a street bike?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm really glad this thread popped back up. I just bought a basic racer harness and wast aware I would lose oil and fuel lights. Not cool
The oil light is not too hard to configure. I did it on my Sp1 a few years ago. Never bothered with the fuel light as it was a race bike and didn't much care.

When I get home Friday from business, I will see if I can dig up how to do the mod to the basic racer harness to make the oil light work. If I recall correctly it was pretty simple. You do have to route a wire from the oil pressure switch to the back of your gauge cluster though and this is much easier if you have the connectors that are in the plug that connects to the back of the gauge. (an old harness works great)

I imagine the fuel gauge isn't that hard to do either. Really just a matter of looking at the stock wiring diagram vs the basic racer one to see what additional wires you need to add and where to plug them in. I will look at this as well when I get home.

·
Registered
262 Posts
maybe you are correct? or maybe waldo was more on par? Wish damon was still around! Has anyone done this mod on a street bike?
Not really worth the trouble on a street bike since you then have to create a new harness for both the brake lights and tail lights. Might as well just use the stock harness for that. Plus with the stock harness you have a fuse block.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not really worth the trouble on a street bike since you then have to create a new harness for both the brake lights and tail lights. Might as well just use the stock harness for that. Plus with the stock harness you have a fuse block.
Sorry Evad, I was specifically referring to the ignitionless starter mod. You couldnt read my mind and tell that ;)? I was thinking of going keyless and just having push start. my bike stays locked up in the garage unless I am taking it out for a spin so I dont have to worry about it staying outside somewhere getting taken.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a new owner of a track only RC. I've been going over everything front to back. I've started to sort out the huge mess of wires. I have dstewart's wiring diagram and it shows that the fans aren't hooked up. Do you need the fans for a track bike? I had removed the fan on my VTR1000 and it never ran hot. It only came on when street riding and only while sitting at traffic lights for extended periods of time. Removing the fans will save weight and clutter, not to mention making the harness easy to locate behind the rads.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
SYB Rider- If you are running side mounted radiators(stock) then yes you will need to run at least one fan IMO or you'll have temp issues. If you have switched over to Front mounted Rads you can delete fans and not worry about it.:twocents

·
Registered
12 Posts
If anyone still has the PDF could I get it emailed to tlrdynes at hotmail dot com? I'd really appreciate it! I'm working on a track bike build from an SP2.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts